By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd-party sales figures for the Wii...

I think most lucky people manage to forget the CD-i

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

RRR2 will definitely be part of my library. It has to wait. Gaming overload...

I'd really like to see one of these lists made for the DS.

Software sales for the handhelds are a really different beast, and whereas there's pitiful Western support for Wii, there's ZERO Western support for DS.

I'm certainly interested in how these sales break down by development region; i.e. which of the territories has the best handle on Nintendo platforms, and which ones have completely misunderstood it.

BengaBenga said:
What's so special about Mario & Sonic?

It's a Sega title, and thus 3rd party, despite having Mario in it.
The profit will go mainly to Sega.

Excluded for one primary reason: it has the "Mario" brand - and many/most things with that brand, sell through the roof.

Plus - Ninty helped during development, and are publishing it in Japan.

Its not the "typical" 3rd-party title.

All figures are taken from the latest "worldwide" weekly charts. They may exclude some territories based on missing data, regions something hasn't been released, etc.

Carnival games has done great. It might have cost $1m to develop/market, and at $20/unit (and maybe 400k units shipped) - thats 7m in profit. Not bad.

Here's hoping we get a sequel, with a bigger budget and better quality! 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Redsteel seems to be missing and I thought Rayman Rabbits had sold over 1 million worldwide. I guess the sales for Rayman must be US only.

Around the Network

Shams took the data from the Worldwide figures which lack a lot of European sales numbers. That's why most of these games have lower sales #'s then we know they actually have. Shams, can you update your numbers to the real worldwide numbers?

Thanks!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I think it's an extremely positive list which any third party can look at and see that money is there to be made on the Wii. You can't really say there are many games which have sold less then they deserved too (maybe TC:NB? Z&W will sell well in Europe so I'm not counting it yet) and alot of terrible games have sold much more then it could have ever cost to make them.

It's going to be interesting once they up the quality though, if the Wii's hardware sales continue anything like they've been this year then it could become the console which absolutely destroys the software charts simply due to the sheer quantity of consumers.

Any third party not investing in the console are simply ignorant, sigh.