By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3rd-party sales figures for the Wii...

What's so special about Mario & Sonic?

It's a Sega title, and thus 3rd party, despite having Mario in it.
The profit will go mainly to Sega.

Around the Network

High School Musical seems to be huge though.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

umm, how could you leave out mario and sonic olympics????

BengaBenga said:

This is precisely my opinion. If anything, it needs to counted twice.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic is the first game in which Nintendo allowed a third party company to develop and publish a game with Mario in it. It's effectively the equivalent of Microsoft offering a financial stipend for development; they gave Sega an extra 500k sales, easily, by including the biggest mascot in gaming. 

Far from not counting as a third party title, Mario and Sonic is easily the most significant third party title for Nintendo in years. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

BrainBoxLtd said:
stranne said:
I think Boogie has sold a lot more than that in Europe, it's been on the charts around here ever since release.

Aren't these just the North American numbers though? For Boogie it doesn't show any European data, just NA.

Sorry for my unclear English. I meant that Boogie has sold a lot more in Europe than the current US numbers.

Around the Network

Okay, I don't understand these numbers at all. what's with the first single or double digit number? I can't figure out for the life of me what it means? Is it average rating or something?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

The first number is the number of weeks

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

EDIT: he said it.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Bodhesatva said:
BengaBenga said:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic is the first game in which Nintendo allowed a third party company to develop and publish a game with Mario in it. It's effectively the equivalent of Microsoft offering a financial stipend for development; they gave Sega an extra 500k sales, easily, by including the biggest mascot in gaming. 

Far from not counting as a third party title, Mario and Sonic is easily the most significant third party title for Nintendo in years. 

You forgot about Mario Hoops: 3 on 3.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Bodhesatva said:
BengaBenga said:

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic is the first game in which Nintendo allowed a third party company to develop and publish a game with Mario in it.

You forgot Mario 's games for CD-i  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.