By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pirates, admit you're thieves

icefaii said:

lmao. Its a fact that everyone pirate in some way or another. Internet and even humanity itself is built on piracy and plagiarism. Hell, where do most of you think you got your freaking avatar pictures from?

Its so laughable when people try to act innocent when it comes to the things they love. lmfao.

I made mine :D

Around the Network
icefaii said:

lmao. Its a fact that everyone pirate in some way or another. Internet and even humanity itself is built on piracy and plagiarism. Hell, where do most of you think you got your freaking avatar pictures from?

Its so laughable when people try to act innocent when it comes to the things they love. lmfao.

Do as I say. Not as I do. Damn it.

I wish we took a stronger stance against game pirates here, like banning them all. They go without any punishement .. heck even one of our MODS is a proud pirate ... disgusting, doesn't deserve to play video games.

Aren't Roms legal if you owned the original?  I seriously don't know, but I thought that was the disclaimer usually put up.  THe only "pirating" I've ever done was to download some old NES and SNES games to play during slow times at work.  But I owned all the games back in the day.  I hope people don't think of me as a dirty, dirty pirate now.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

@radiantshadow   the irony is, is that I dont play them. I got a bunch of emulators for my then new PC right b4 i got deployed to Iraq. I wasnt going to take my PS3 and i had like 2 games for Wii. Trust me, it did come in handy over there, but in reality i played about maybe 4 games. PSP ate alot of my gaming time. I always think about deleting them, but the files are so damn small its kind of pointless and it keeps me from spending money on VC which is good (i would buy n64 games in a flash)

Around the Network
epicurean said:

Aren't Roms legal if you owned the original?  I seriously don't know, but I thought that was the disclaimer usually put up.  THe only "pirating" I've ever done was to download some old NES and SNES games to play during slow times at work.  But I owned all the games back in the day.  I hope people don't think of me as a dirty, dirty pirate now.

But each download is counted toward a lose sale. Therefore, you're a dirty dirty pirate :)

oniyide said:

I have a SNES, NES, GENESIS and 32x emulator. I know, "you bastard thats what WiiWare is for" well some of those games arent on WiiWare so whats a guy to do. Pay those insane Ebay prices???

If you cannot afford it, you do without.  It's that simple.

Galaki said:
epicurean said:

But each download is counted toward a lose sale. Therefore, you're a dirty dirty pirate :)

But is it a lost sale when you download them to your computer, when they weren't available in any "legal" way on the computer?  I guess they could say the proper thing to do would be to buy a new NES or SNES, take it to the office, and then buy the games again.  But seeing as how they aren't sold new anymore, it definetly wouldn't be a lost sale (except to someone on ebay).  

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

@galaki  theres no gaurantee that that person who pirated would have bought the game in the first place. One of my best friends who had an R4 for DS had a crapload of games. When Ninty put a stop to that you think he started to buy games??? Hell no, he just played the DS games he already had and put it back in the closet. For him those games werent worth the asking price.

dobby985 said:

xD

Neverwinter Nights?! I remember that! >.>

And you can't play games on a Mac...

EDIT:

1992 Copyright? Holy fuck.

As for copying games, this video is pretty much useless as everything has DRM nowadays.

And I'm sorry, I'm not buying 12 copies of StarCraft just so it's one per computer. We already have 4 copies of StarCraft in this house. Which equals 2 installs per game.