By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pirates, admit you're thieves

lmao. Its a fact that everyone pirate in some way or another. Internet and even humanity itself is built on piracy and plagiarism. Hell, where do most of you think you got your freaking avatar pictures from?

Its so laughable when people try to act innocent when it comes to the things they love. lmfao.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Kasz216 said:
Zlejedi said:
Kasz216 said:
Zlejedi said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

I tried pirating once and i was not able to enjoy the game at all. Never pirated again.

While excuses about pirating are funny, this myth is even more rediculus than whatever pirates come with.

And doubly so in the era when half of pc games sell through digital download.

I'm... confused... what's the myth your talking about?  That he pirated a game once then didn't like it?

Truth is, if you pirate something there is a VERY good chance you aren't going to enjoy it as much as if you paid for it yourself... for at least 3 distinct reasons.

1) Cognitive Dissonance.  Say someone is given the choice between a blue backpack and a red backpak... and they don't care, they like both backpacks equally, and on a whim, the guy picks Red.   In one year, you will find that the person who picked red will like Red backpacks more, and furthermore will dislike blue backpacks.  Give someone the ability to have any backpack at anytime... this won't happen. 

2) Value.  Paying for something rather then taking it for free (assuming you can pay) shows you value it more.  You make 20 dollars an hour and bought something for 60 bucks?  That was 3 hours of your life right their, what you bought is worth 3 hours of you life.  If you downloaded it?  What's that worth?   Like 10 minutes of your time, off screen, while you did other stuff.  (Or hours if you have a bad internet connection, but you get the point.)

3) With an infinite number of games, most of which aren't going to be great, you'll tend to go more towards trying more new stuff, that's going to probably be less stellar, and focus less on going back and enjoying your favorites.

Are the games you buy so crappy you have to find additional enjoyment in thinking you payed for them instead of just you know playing them ?

It doesn't matter how good or bad the game is.  Even if your favorite game is a pirated game, you will have enjoyed it less then if you purchased it.

My 10 years of pirating stuff starting from amiga times shows completly diffrent.

Well...

A) All known consumer reserach disagrees with you. 

B) No it doesn't show that.  Why would you think it would? 

"Because you should be paying for it you dumb cunt"

lol that sums up the entire issue. Just admit it is stealing and stop acting like your some hero *coughHotzcough*

Snesboy said:

Yes. I'm a fucking pirate.

There was no way I was gonna pay money for a sloppy PC port of RE4 when I already owned all the other versions of the game.

There was no way I was going to pay money for GTA III on PC when I already own it on Xbox.

Yes, I pirate stuff. Get over it.

Honestly if you alreay own all the other versions of RE4 and you know its a sloppy port, why even play it?

Same with GTA III you own it, you probably played it, why on earth do you need another version?

icefaii said:

lmao. Its a fact that everyone pirate in some way or another. Internet and even humanity itself is built on piracy and plagiarism. Hell, where do most of you think you got your freaking avatar pictures from?

Its so laughable when people try to act innocent when it comes to the things they love. lmfao.

I made mine :D

Around the Network
icefaii said:

Do as I say. Not as I do. Damn it.

I wish we took a stronger stance against game pirates here, like banning them all. They go without any punishement .. heck even one of our MODS is a proud pirate ... disgusting, doesn't deserve to play video games.

Aren't Roms legal if you owned the original?  I seriously don't know, but I thought that was the disclaimer usually put up.  THe only "pirating" I've ever done was to download some old NES and SNES games to play during slow times at work.  But I owned all the games back in the day.  I hope people don't think of me as a dirty, dirty pirate now.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

@radiantshadow   the irony is, is that I dont play them. I got a bunch of emulators for my then new PC right b4 i got deployed to Iraq. I wasnt going to take my PS3 and i had like 2 games for Wii. Trust me, it did come in handy over there, but in reality i played about maybe 4 games. PSP ate alot of my gaming time. I always think about deleting them, but the files are so damn small its kind of pointless and it keeps me from spending money on VC which is good (i would buy n64 games in a flash)

epicurean said:

Aren't Roms legal if you owned the original?  I seriously don't know, but I thought that was the disclaimer usually put up.  THe only "pirating" I've ever done was to download some old NES and SNES games to play during slow times at work.  But I owned all the games back in the day.  I hope people don't think of me as a dirty, dirty pirate now.

But each download is counted toward a lose sale. Therefore, you're a dirty dirty pirate :)