By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo may be adding to more consoles to VC

I hope they bring out Gameboy and Gameboy Color games to the VC soon. They wont do GBA though since it is still selling and has DS compatibility.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network

Man...I wish they did GBA...if they sold GBA games on Virtual Console for 800 points each, I'm guessing they'd get more sales than their actual GBA counterparts...and I'd love to play a lot of GBA games on the TV. It was pretty fun with my Gameboy Player on GC...but I sold all that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The Saturn may never come. Even if the Saturn did come, the Sega CD should come first.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Ooooh... Sonic Xtreme for Saturn on the Virtual Console... Who knows...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
i want dreamcast :(

I'd say games from just last generation is a little optimistic. :P

I would love Saturn on VC. I need to play Shining Force 3.

Edit: And some people in the linked thread mention the old C64 on VC rumours. Such a development would be delicious and dangerous to me.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
OnlyIsrael said:
Any idea of library size if these come over (or a good guess)?

Total library size for each console? Master System is around 300 titles worldwide, Saturn probably a little over 400. US domestic releases would both be in the neighborhood of only 100-150, though. The Master System had some great titles, but the majority of the software for the system was written by Sega, and much of it was derivitive stuff copying Nintendo's properties, or the properties of 3rd parties Sega couldn't court, as Nintendo had a death grip on third parties back then.

I think Saturn titles would be too big for the VC with a HD in the Wii. My guess is SMS and MSX.

I would very much like for Saturn and possibly Gameboy/Gameboy color. *crosses fingers*

PS: Where's my freakin storage????!

Saturn WOULD be awesome, but I doubt it. Master System is pretty likely... I don't have a clue what the second one will be.

Maybe the old atari consoles

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Neo Geo Pocket?