By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo may be adding to more consoles to VC

There are already Neo Geo games on the VC, or not in the US yet?

I hope for a Dreamcast

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

Dreamcast wont happen because the games are too big for the wii's memory. Maybe the commodore64.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Bark said:

They really haven't put enough NeoGeo games out to warrant another console addition IMHO. I'd hate for the NeoGeo to take a backseat to the Master System or Atari 2600.

I WOULD like to see an "arcade" group of emulators. I would much prefer the Turtles Arcade game to the Nes port. Also, there are all these lightgun Wii contraptions on the market, how about an arcade port of T2, Lethal Enforcers, Virtua Cop, or Time Crisis????

I would be the first to buy the Simpsons arcade game.  That would be sick.  But there are only a handful of good arcade games out there. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

loadedstatement said:

I would be the first to buy the Simpsons arcade game.  That would be sick.  But there are only a handful of good arcade games out there. 

That is definitely true today, but in the mid 80's thru mid 90's the arcade had the best of everything.   The consoles got crappy ports and unless you shelled out a fortune for a NeoGeo, you couldn't get the arcade experience at home.  Some of those great games came out in collections on the PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, and Gamecube (Mortal Kombat, Primal Rage, House of the Dead, etc), but quite a few did not.  

when is the MSX comming state side?

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure it won't be the Saturn ,because it had a (for it's time) very complex dual CPU design and I don't even know a single successful project to make a working Saturn emu for PC.

theory

sega is close to a deal for the saturn.

Sega told nintendo it would be doing a remake for nights in to dream and said we won't release that for the wii. We will release it in our first batch of saturn vc games.

thus they saw no point in releasing the wii disk version.

no disk = lower selling price = is cheaper cash. 

First comment on the kotaku link: "Please be the Saturn. Please have Guardian Heroes."

Agreed x 10000000

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Dryden said:
OnlyIsrael said:
Any idea of library size if these come over (or a good guess)?

Total library size for each console? Master System is around 300 titles worldwide, Saturn probably a little over 400. US domestic releases would both be in the neighborhood of only 100-150, though. The Master System had some great titles, but the majority of the software for the system was written by Sega, and much of it was derivitive stuff copying Nintendo's properties, or the properties of 3rd parties Sega couldn't court, as Nintendo had a death grip on third parties back then.

I think Saturn titles would be too big for the VC with a HD in the Wii. My guess is SMS and MSX.

Actually, I was wondering about library size for the VC not for the system. I don't own a Wii and have no idea what kind of % they are offering in terms of games from the originals library. Any rough guesses as to how much of the original libraries are being offered on the VC and if this trend will increase/decrease with new consoles being offered?

Saturn - No (A disc based system, where to store games)
Dreamcast - Dream-on A last gen system?

Most likely
Sega Master System
Atari (2600, or 5200, or 7800, or some combination of the two) Atari is broke, probably willing to sell anything to anyone.