By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo may be adding to more consoles to VC

Wrong thread.

Around the Network
OnlyIsrael said:

Actually, I was wondering about library size for the VC not for the system. I don't own a Wii and have no idea what kind of % they are offering in terms of games from the originals library. Any rough guesses as to how much of the original libraries are being offered on the VC and if this trend will increase/decrease with new consoles being offered?

There are about 180 total titles available. They've been adding about 3 or 4 per week every week since launch, and it appears this trend could continue for a number of years down the line until the total libraries of all systems are eventually available -- at least for cooperating publishers/license holders of the titles that are still supporting Nintendo.

Personally, I'm interested to see how Nintendo handles Atari/Tengen, given how bitter their feud was back then. It'd be a shame if the RBI Baseball and Gauntlet series don't make it to the VC.

Check the Wiki. You can access compilations of which titles are available in which regions there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_console 

Dryden said:
OnlyIsrael said:

Actually, I was wondering about library size for the VC not for the system. I don't own a Wii and have no idea what kind of % they are offering in terms of games from the originals library. Any rough guesses as to how much of the original libraries are being offered on the VC and if this trend will increase/decrease with new consoles being offered?

There are about 180 total titles available. They've been adding about 3 or 4 per week every week since launch, and it appears this trend could continue for a number of years down the line until the total libraries of all systems are eventually available -- at least for cooperating publishers/license holders of the titles that are still supporting Nintendo.

Personally, I'm interested to see how Nintendo handles Atari/Tengen, given how bitter their feud was back then. It'd be a shame if the RBI Baseball and Gauntlet series don't make it to the VC.

Check the Wiki. You can access compilations of which titles are available in which regions there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_console

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.

Saturn game sizes varied 200-900mb, that's a bit much for the Wii without a memory expansion of somesort or the use of the memory card for direct play.

I want the Game Boy to be added.

Around the Network

I would love to see the Game & Watch, Atari Lynx, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gamegear, Game.com, Wonderswan, Wonderswan Color, N-Gage released on a portable virtual console that could be downloaded on the Wii and played on the DS

DMeisterJ said:
@ Kasz216

Yeah, infogames does own that, so I guess it'd be up to them. LOL at packing up your atarti... you still play it? 

Heh, is it so wrong to have it out. . .It can be fun to play an old atari game on a 40+ inch screen TV. For the topic, I expect the MSX as I remember it benig mentioned before. The other, well, it is a mystery.

Didn't Nintendo already confirm a long time ago that MSX and 3DO games were coming?

Beyond that here is my guesses in order.

1. Sega Master System
2. Sega 32X and CD
3. Gameboy
4. Gameboy Color
5. Sega Saturn
6. Atari Jaguar
7. Atari (old school, maybe lumped in as one)

Wouldn't it be funny if Sony was courted by Nintendo to add its PS1 library? I wonder if they could get 3rd party PS1 games? Probably.