By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo III coming to consoles?

gergroy said:
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

imo blizzard games belong on PC. Use the extra resources to make the PC version as good as possible.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has the resources to make 20 different versions of diabloe 3 as good as possible.  

For me, diablo has always been a pc game, but I've moved past playing on pc.  So if they make it for consoles... I'm going to buy it, but I would buy it on pc if they didn't anyway...

So you dumbed down your gaming to inferior means? why?

for a variety of reasons really.  

1. I'm more comfortable with a controller than mouse and keyboard

2. I don't have to worry about upgrading my parts in my console every year in order to play the newest games.

3. I don't have to bother with constantly adjusting settings in the game just to make it work right.

4. Most of the games I like are on the consoles, and not on the pc.

So there are my reasons, also, just because it doesn't look as good, doesn't mean it is inferior.

1, controllers work on PC

2. Every 3 - 5 years is the standard for upgrades. And most of the time they are cheap upgrades by that time. And look if you want motion on the PS3 or 360 it costs $100 so that costs about the same as an PC upgrade and games are cheaper on PC.

3. this is why most console games are glitchy, they cant be adjusted to get better framerates.

4. This is more preference. All the game genres are available on PC.

1 controllers don't work on every pc game.  For example, Diablo III will more than likely not have a controller option on the computer

2. depends on the starting specs of the computer, plus starting cost of a decent pc is a lot higher than a console.  pc gaming is definitely more expensive to be into, I don't think there is any debating that. 

3. console games glitchy?  have you played pc games before?  

4. exactly.

2. I remember a certain console starting selling at a lose at $599.99. For $599 you can build a decent PC. Just stick with AMD.

3. Other then the bad port, PC games normally aren't very glitchy at all. No worse then the best console game, but most of the time better.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
gergroy said:

2. depends on the starting specs of the computer, plus starting cost of a decent pc is a lot higher than a console.  pc gaming is definitely more expensive to be into, I don't think there is any debating that. 

If you have a PC not older than a few years, you can probably upgrade it to be very gaming-capable with just $80 or so for a new graphics card. Will do for a couple of years at least. Just... Don't tell me you don't have a PC at all? Good. And if your PC is older than that, well, have a guess how much it would have cost to upgrade your PC if you for some reason decided to upgrade it instead of buying a console? Yeah, probably not more at least.

Anyway, point is, PC gaming is not even nearly as expensive as people make it seem.

ssj12 said:
mibuokami said:

I bought a brand new PC with SLI 580GTX. 12 GB ram and 240GB ssd HDD for this game. Like many have said, Diablo = PC

lol, im going to break your heart then, the GTX590 will be releasing in a week. Also 12GBs of ram is awesome, the SSD isn't. Should have dropped the SSD size down to 60 and bought a 10kRPM HDD for storage.

But whatever your system works well. Stronger than mine by a longshot. What processor?

Overlocked i7 950 with a megahalem cpu cooler. I'm not keen on the raptor atm due to high failure rate, I'm waiting for the next gen raptor that won't derf too much (I've had 2 failures already which put me off them).

I'm happy with my graphic cards, the 590 is just an overlocked 580 anyways, plus I have the option of adding a third (or even fourth) 580 as I've got a GB UD9 motherboard :D.

What I REALLY want though is to get a water cooling gig, I'm too noob to set one up this time (Scared I'd screwed it up) but I saw a friend do it and it doesn't look as bad. So next comp = beer keg cooling.

mibuokami said:
ssj12 said:
mibuokami said:

I bought a brand new PC with SLI 580GTX. 12 GB ram and 240GB ssd HDD for this game. Like many have said, Diablo = PC

lol, im going to break your heart then, the GTX590 will be releasing in a week. Also 12GBs of ram is awesome, the SSD isn't. Should have dropped the SSD size down to 60 and bought a 10kRPM HDD for storage.

But whatever your system works well. Stronger than mine by a longshot. What processor?

Overlocked i7 950 with a megahalem cpu cooler. I'm not keen on the raptor atm due to high failure rate, I'm waiting for the next gen raptor that won't derf too much (I've had 2 failures already which put me off them).

I'm happy with my graphic cards, the 590 is just an overlocked 580 anyways, plus I have the option of adding a third (or even fourth) 580 as I've got a GB UD9 motherboard :D.

What I REALLY want though is to get a water cooling gig, I'm too noob to set one up this time (Scared I'd screwed it up) but I saw a friend do it and it doesn't look as bad. So next comp = beer keg cooling.

oh, so you have the same CPU as me.

And no the GTX590 is a dual GPU. Two GPUs on one card.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
mibuokami said:
ssj12 said:
mibuokami said:

oh, so you have the same CPU as me.

And no the GTX590 is a dual GPU. Two GPUs on one card.

Fark that! Stop acting like ATI D: Oh shit I guess I should start calling them AMD >.>

Anyways I am now curious, if its as smooth as baby jesus on a t-rex walking on water I might look into it!

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

imo blizzard games belong on PC. Use the extra resources to make the PC version as good as possible.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has the resources to make 20 different versions of diabloe 3 as good as possible.  

For me, diablo has always been a pc game, but I've moved past playing on pc.  So if they make it for consoles... I'm going to buy it, but I would buy it on pc if they didn't anyway...

So you dumbed down your gaming to inferior means? why?

for a variety of reasons really.  

1. I'm more comfortable with a controller than mouse and keyboard

2. I don't have to worry about upgrading my parts in my console every year in order to play the newest games.

3. I don't have to bother with constantly adjusting settings in the game just to make it work right.

4. Most of the games I like are on the consoles, and not on the pc.

So there are my reasons, also, just because it doesn't look as good, doesn't mean it is inferior.

1, controllers work on PC

2. Every 3 - 5 years is the standard for upgrades. And most of the time they are cheap upgrades by that time. And look if you want motion on the PS3 or 360 it costs $100 so that costs about the same as an PC upgrade and games are cheaper on PC.

3. this is why most console games are glitchy, they cant be adjusted to get better framerates.

4. This is more preference. All the game genres are available on PC.

1 controllers don't work on every pc game.  For example, Diablo III will more than likely not have a controller option on the computer

3. console games glitchy?  have you played pc games before?  

4. exactly.

2. I remember a certain console starting selling at a lose at $599.99. For $599 you can build a decent PC. Just stick with AMD.

3. Other then the bad port, PC games normally aren't very glitchy at all. No worse then the best console game, but most of the time better.

cmon man, can you really use that argument for number 2?  While 599 can net you a fairly decent setup (and by decent I mean Barely) that doesnt negate the fact that now the same console is half that price and the games just keep getting better.  In order to see an improvement in software purchased for a pc, you must upgrade, something that developers do for you on consoles.  Tell me one game you can play on a $599  rig thats going to look as good as kz3, uc2 etc.  Now tell me one game that you can play on a $299 rig that can play any new major release period.  Fact is console gaming is much more convenient and less expensive for those who only purchase a handful of titles througout ownership of said console.  I happen to be fortunate enough to own a good gaming pc, 360, and ps3, but not everyone does and a $299 price tag is much more alluring then say a $1200 pc that allows you to play games with negligible amounts of increased fidelity. 

Furthermore, most people do not want to spend the time to learn the ins and outs of pc care and how to upgrade without screwing everything up.  Most times, there is much tweaking and adjusting settings that needs to be done in order to fully enjoy everything a game has to offer, not to mention picking up an hd monitor and the right accessories.  While the same could be said for consoles needing hdtv's, nowadays most individuals who own these systems already own an hdtv of some sort since they are fairly cheap compared to a few years ago and use them for other means in addition to their console(s).  Console gaming is the number one form of entertainment for one reason:  accessbility. 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I have an ATI card.

They make good cheap hardware but shitty software/driver.

Galaki said:

I have an ATI card.

They make good cheap hardware but shitty software/driver.

Too true, firmware support for crossfire sucks hard, their card I feel are generally superior for the same cost.

Zkuq said:
gergroy said:

If you have a PC not older than a few years, you can probably upgrade it to be very gaming-capable with just $80 or so for a new graphics card. Will do for a couple of years at least. Just... Don't tell me you don't have a PC at all? Good. And if your PC is older than that, well, have a guess how much it would have cost to upgrade your PC if you for some reason decided to upgrade it instead of buying a console? Yeah, probably not more at least.

Anyway, point is, PC gaming is not even nearly as expensive as people make it seem.

I already have a gaming pc, but I prefer gaming consoles.  True, you could upgrade a crappy computer to get to kind of work, but you aren't going to get a superior experience by meeting the minimum requirements (you'll probably have to upgrade ram as well, if not operating system).  

If you are trying to get a superior experience on the pc, it is definitely more expensive, which is what I was talking about, but good job taking one point I made out of context to try and make somekind of point that doesn't reflect on what I was talking about. 

gergroy said:
Zkuq said:
gergroy said:

I already have a gaming pc, but I prefer gaming consoles.  True, you could upgrade a crappy computer to get to kind of work, but you aren't going to get a superior experience by meeting the minimum requirements (you'll probably have to upgrade ram as well, if not operating system).  

If you are trying to get a superior experience on the pc, it is definitely more expensive, which is what I was talking about, but good job taking one point I made out of context to try and make somekind of point that doesn't reflect on what I was talking about. 

why keep bringing up a superior experience

if your comparing which is better deal a ps3 or a pc.  you should consider a COMPARABLE pc.  not a decked out insane resolution, frame rates ect.  It should be the same resolution, same frame rates.  WHICH is not hard at all to do.

and a $300 ps3?  ok sure, then that is also much cheaper pc hardware.  we don't need to buy anywhere near new graphics cards or other things to match what the ps3 can do.  you could easily buy a $50 card that puts out the best ps3 can do now. 

and i love how some peopel say pc gaming is glitchy.  its like you are playing pc gaming a say 90-120 fps, then it drops to 60 for a sec and people think its glitchy.  Yea i would much rather play a 30 fps game in half the resolution on my ps3.