By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo III coming to consoles?

Don't make a console version. We've waited long enough for this game.

Around the Network

Likely...it would do VERY well in sales, imho...probably cause Kotick to want to dig into Blizzard a little more, so they had better be careful...that guy is a moron, and before you know it, Blizzard will be splitting from Activision....oh wait...WOHOO get it on consoles TODAY!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

mibuokami said:
Galaki said:
mibuokami said:

I bought a brand new PC with SLI 580GTX. 12 GB ram and 240GB ssd HDD for this game. Like many have said, Diablo = PC

My craputer is a few years old and I am ready to make the upgrade when this game comes out... designed for PC.

If they gimp this due to a console port, I will NEVER forgive them... NEVER D:

Likewise. I am keeping my expectations so low for this game so that I wont be disappointed.

leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:
yo_john117 said:
leatherhat said:

Dont do it blizzard

Don't listen to this kid Blizzard! Just do it!

You really want a gimped version that bad?

Yeah.

Hasn't stopped me from playing a lot of games available on the PC.

However, are we sure they aren't referring to menus? They call that a console sometimes.

You aren't getting the full experience- not even close 

Because....?

Controls is a big factor- community is another- modability/ custom levels and that sort of stuff as well. Its no comparison really. 

You gotta understand though, its no big deal to people who would much rather play on a console then a PC.

Galaki said:

If they gimp the PC version in favour of consoles, then, it'll be time I give up Diablo altogether.

Well, there isn't much to gimp. Diablo in itself plays rather simply yet had a more complex skill/levelling system than what some casual players were aware of at the time. Blizzard's already said, if I recall correctly, that they want to make Diablo more accessible, anyways.

Diablo on a console? I'd say use Move or Wiimote pointer controls and it'd work pretty well. Who's to say it wouldn't?

The BuShA owns all!

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

imo blizzard games belong on PC. Use the extra resources to make the PC version as good as possible.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has the resources to make 20 different versions of diabloe 3 as good as possible.  

For me, diablo has always been a pc game, but I've moved past playing on pc.  So if they make it for consoles... I'm going to buy it, but I would buy it on pc if they didn't anyway...

So you dumbed down your gaming to inferior means? why?

for a variety of reasons really.  

1. I'm more comfortable with a controller than mouse and keyboard

2. I don't have to worry about upgrading my parts in my console every year in order to play the newest games.

3. I don't have to bother with constantly adjusting settings in the game just to make it work right.

4. Most of the games I like are on the consoles, and not on the pc.

So there are my reasons, also, just because it doesn't look as good, doesn't mean it is inferior.

Can't wait to play Diablo 3 as the Chinese Wizard lol

I don't mind a console version and despite the fact that I play every multiplat game on console I would play D3 on the PC.

The reason is in my experience games like D3 gets boring fast on consoles as without the mouse to select targets the actions get quite repetitive and boring as the game autotargets for you......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

gergroy said:
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

imo blizzard games belong on PC. Use the extra resources to make the PC version as good as possible.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has the resources to make 20 different versions of diabloe 3 as good as possible.  

For me, diablo has always been a pc game, but I've moved past playing on pc.  So if they make it for consoles... I'm going to buy it, but I would buy it on pc if they didn't anyway...

2. I don't have to worry about upgrading my parts in my console every year in order to play the newest games.

3. I don't have to bother with constantly adjusting settings in the game just to make it work right.

So there are my reasons, also, just because it doesn't look as good, doesn't mean it is inferior.

1, controllers work on PC

2. Every 3 - 5 years is the standard for upgrades. And most of the time they are cheap upgrades by that time. And look if you want motion on the PS3 or 360 it costs $100 so that costs about the same as an PC upgrade and games are cheaper on PC.

3. this is why most console games are glitchy, they cant be adjusted to get better framerates.

4. This is more preference. All the game genres are available on PC.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
ssj12 said:
gergroy said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

1, controllers work on PC

2. Every 3 - 5 years is the standard for upgrades. And most of the time they are cheap upgrades by that time. And look if you want motion on the PS3 or 360 it costs $100 so that costs about the same as an PC upgrade and games are cheaper on PC.

3. this is why most console games are glitchy, they cant be adjusted to get better framerates.

4. This is more preference. All the game genres are available on PC.

1 controllers don't work on every pc game.  For example, Diablo III will more than likely not have a controller option on the computer

2. depends on the starting specs of the computer, plus starting cost of a decent pc is a lot higher than a console.  pc gaming is definitely more expensive to be into, I don't think there is any debating that. 

3. console games glitchy?  have you played pc games before?  

4. exactly.