By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Diablo III coming to consoles?

ssj12 said:

Dont do it blizzard! Don't let Activision destroy you from the inside!

Oh well, probably already happened, at least we have League of Legends and DOTA2!

hell yeah! dota2>everything else.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Controls is a big factor- community is another- modability/ custom levels and that sort of stuff as well. Its no comparison really. 

If you prefer a controller over a mouse and keyboard (as many console gamers do), controls is not really a factor. They would most likely change the point and click controls to controlling the character with a joystick.

360 and PS3 have great online communities. Arguably the best. But no point in debating that.

Mods aren't relevant. The masses don't bother with them. Lack of mods didn't keep people from buying Oblivion on consoles.

There are a lot of 360 and PS3 owners who would love to have the game. But don't give a shit enough to play it on the PC. Not everyone has a gaming PC either.

Plus, what's to say Blizzard is not gonna pull a Valve with Battle.net? What's stopping them from doing battle.net integration on consoles? Answer: Nothing. The PC elitists in this thread are quite hilarious.

Mr Puggsly said:
leatherhat said:

Controls is a big factor- community is another- modability/ custom levels and that sort of stuff as well. Its no comparison really. 

2.If you prefer a controller over a mouse and keyboard (as many console gamers do), controls is not really a factor. They would most likely change the point and click controls to controlling the character with a joystick.

2.360 and PS3 have great online communities. Arguably the best. But no point in debating that.

3.Mods aren't relevant. The masses don't bother with them. Lack of mods didn't keep people from buying Oblivion on consoles.

4.There are a lot of 360 and PS3 owners who would love to have the game. But don't give a shit enough to play it on the PC. Not everyone has a gaming PC either.

1. It goes beyond that- the keyboard allows you to have a myriad of various hotkeys and shortcuts that enhance gameplay and ease of us. Controllers are clunky- ecspecially for this genre. 

2. Is this a joke? They are terrible. They don't even have servers. 

3. But It did keep the from playing a good game. Vanilla oblivion is very poorly crafted and without stuff like OOO and mods of that nature its just an exercise in horrible AI. 

4. Of course they will buy it- thats not the point. The point is that they will be playing  Diablo 3- gimped addition. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Console means Windows or Mac.

leatherhat said:
1. It goes beyond that- the keyboard allows you to have a myriad of various hotkeys and shortcuts that enhance gameplay and ease of us. Controllers are clunky- ecspecially for this genre.

That not true... keyboard is better for that genre but the controllers is not bad at all... play Demon's Souls and you will goto the idea what I'm talking about.

The controllers works fine with Demon's Souls... so will work fine with Diablo III too.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
leatherhat said:

That not true... keyboard is better for that genre but the controllers is not bad at all... play Demon's Souls and you will goto the idea what I'm talking about.

The controllers works fine with Demon's Souls... so will work fine with Diablo III too.

beside "dungeon crawling" the game have nothing in common. Compared to Diablo demon souls is one hell of a slow game.

Ugh... please no... Diablo is a scrictly PC game...

Xen said:

Actually, the PSone version played nicely. Of course, it didn't had any kind of online gameplay, but the two player Co-Op was nice. It didn't come close to the PC version, but it was a good attempt. 

DIII can be done on consoles, it just won't ever be as good as the PC version.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Xen said:

Actually, the PSone version played nicely. Of course, it didn't had any kind of online gameplay, but the two player Co-Op was nice. It didn't come close to the PC version, but it was a good attempt. 

And the save took how many MC blocks? A whole MC if I heard correctly!

PC! PC! PC!

Xen said:
lestatdark said:
Xen said:

And the save took how many MC blocks? A whole MC if I heard correctly!

PC! PC! PC!

It took 10 blocks out of the 15 blocks that a common MC had  

I had 3 MC's, one for each character, and the rest of the space was filled with random saves from other games. I also had some couple MC's for Gran Turismo 2 as well. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"