By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - THE NEW GRAPHICS KING CLAIMS ITS THRONE!

Squilliam said:

Calling a game graphics king but only including consoles is like having a dick measuring contest and only inviting girls.

...to measure your dicks. Thus, 5 times the fun!

Around the Network
TT Makaveli said:

okay congrats GG...enjoy your little time at the throne cause Uncharted 3 is coming after you...

But, but Gears of War 3!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

pariz said:

Nothing rivals Uncharted 2 on consoles. Both GoW 3 and KZ games are overrated.

Agreed 110% (more than slimebeasts agree percentage!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

hikaruchan said:

For me Artistic Graphics are mote important then Resolution.

and for Games that use Cellshaded Grphics Senjo no Varukyuria Gallian Chronicles ( Valkyria Chronicles) is still No.1.

Don't start on artistic; that's far more loaded with unquantifiable opinion than technical stuff like resolution. Some people think black and white photography has better artistry than color. So just because KZ is less colourful means nothing. From an artistic perspective the main question is did it convey to you the sort of atmosphere GG was trying to create? if yes then artistically KZ2 stacks up with anything, if no then perhaps not, at least not for you.

As to you're second point I like VC graphics bettrer than ANYTHING on console or PC, not just within the cell shaded set.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Squilliam said:

Calling a game graphics king but only including consoles is like having a dick measuring contest and only inviting girls.

Which then makes it a clit measuring contest. And if I'm the only guy at a clit measuring contest I'm the happiest guy in the world at that moment.

So, let us proceed with the clit measuring shall we?

As I said, Valkyria Chronicles is the graphics king for me. Nothing has delivered the total package of technical excellence and artistic merit like VC. And until there's another VC on PS3 I don't think anything will.

Oh, and I think Naruto Shippuden: UNS2 looks bloody brilliant. Almost indistinguishable from the animated series.

Where will The Last Guardian sit I wonder.

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
Nsanity said:

No offence to some of you but your opinions are not fact.

do what would you say the best graphical console game is?

Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, maybe Uncharted 1, or even KZ2?

its got to be one of those right? if its not KZ3 or one of the ones i listed, im sorry but ur eyes are brokenz.

I think you meant MGS4 instead of Uncharted 1. Its graphics aren't amazing anymore.

darthdevidem01 said:
pariz said:

Nothing rivals Uncharted 2 on consoles. Both GoW 3 and KZ games are overrated.

Agreed 110% (more than slimebeasts agree percentage!)

I like you both just the same, there's no need to fight... (in a parental tone of voice).

Uncharted 2, Killzone 3 and God of War 3 all have very different art styles and are technically impressive in different ways. Which one looks the best comes down to personal preference.

ANALYSE: Utterly subjective viewpoint

GOTO : CLOSE THREAD

binary solo said:
hikaruchan said:

For me Artistic Graphics are mote important then Resolution.

and for Games that use Cellshaded Grphics Senjo no Varukyuria Gallian Chronicles ( Valkyria Chronicles) is still No.1.

Don't start on artistic; that's far more loaded with unquantifiable opinion than technical stuff like resolution. Some people think black and white photography has better artistry than color. So just because KZ is less colourful means nothing. From an artistic perspective the main question is did it convey to you the sort of atmosphere GG was trying to create? if yes then artistically KZ2 stacks up with anything, if no then perhaps not, at least not for you.

As to you're second point I like VC graphics bettrer than ANYTHING on console or PC, not just within the cell shaded set.

My point was that the Artistic merit of Graphics is the most important aspect of Graphics for me then the technical side Like Crysis you could show that to me at 1600P plus and it would look basically real but its Graphics have no artistic merit whatsoever.      

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku