By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did Gamecube get served???

Jumpin said:
Dr.Grass said:
Jumpin said:
Dr.Grass said:
Jumpin said:

Gamecube was aimed at children. Plus the software was fairly unspectacular and uninteresting. Most Nintendo fans got a GBA/DS with a PS2 instead. While you say Gamecube was the last true gaming system (I disagree), it certainly had the weakest catalogue of all of Nintendo's home consoles.

I think I might just hate you for saying that.

I am really surprised that so many people seem to completely forget that Gamecube was notoriously aimed at children. If you went back to any point during the Gamecube's history, EVERYONE knew this. 

The N64 was kind of a bad system too, but at least it had Rare games, although it lost Square and Enix. It also had the best Zelda, a GOOD Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country 64, and a solid Mario game. Plus it had some interesting third party titles like Ogre Battle 64, Space Station Silicon Valley, etc... Gamecube had what? A highly overrated Metroid title, Mario with a water gun, Mario Kart with 5-20 second tracks, a Zelda which looked like a cartoon for todlers, it was purple and looked like a 5 year old kid's lunch box. That is not even a satisfactory launch lineup.

It's strange that EVERYONE knew this because myself and others were convinced that EVERYONE was under a false impression caused by:

- Lack of blatant knowledge like the WHOLE Resident Evil Series being tied exclusively for GC

- Not knowing that Metroid Prime was the  best game of the generation because they either never tried it and became absorbed in one of the most beautifully crafted worlds that BEG to be explored and were alive with dazzling sounds etc, OR (and this might be you) IT WAS TOO HARD FOR THEM SO THEY HAD TO SAY IT SUCKS

- Being SO INCREDIBLY IGNORANT that you would only consider BLOOD GUTS AND VIOLENCE as an adult gaming experience

- Thinking the box has to be green and black and SWARMING with FPS games

- Obvious marketing from competitors

AND WORST OF ALL:
LOUSY IGNORANT FANBOYS WHO HAVE SOME IDEA OF WHAT COOL AND NOT COOL IS AND WONT EVER DARE STEP BEYOND THAT BARRIER FOR FEAR OF HAVING

*GASP*

FUN.

''The N64 was kind of a bad system too''

''A highly overrated Metroid title, Mario with a water gun, Mario Kart with 5-20 second tracks, a Zelda which looked like a cartoon for todlers, it was purple and looked like a 5 year old kid's lunch box. That is not even a satisfactory launch lineup.''

I actually can't stand FPSs and don't typically play games with lots of blood in them. I know the Gamecube had several games like that; but the way Gamecube fans talk about them is not so much about maturity as it is about "Hey, my games has blood in them. look at me! I'm is so freaking badass! Resident Evil!"

Nintendo really lost their way with the Gamecube. It started on the N64, and Nintendo just slipped away in the home console industry. Luckily they found the right path again with the Wii, it feels more like a Nintendo console than the Gamecube or N64 did. I do think that the Gamecube was probably more of an effort to have a filler console available before they could get their next true effort (the Wii) out of the door.

Is that your comeback!?

"Hey, my games has blood in them. look at me! I'm is so freaking badass! Resident Evil!"

This isn't going anywhere, because you never played and fell in love with N64 and Gamecube.