By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why did Gamecube get served???

^^^oh hell yeah, but what the hell are ya gonna do, and lets be real Sega screwed up Sega, not Ninty not Sony

Around the Network
oniyide said:

@metallicube  for at least, no one was thinking that Xbox would beat the PS2, so that really does not come as a surprise. As for sales, most people dont really give a damn either way. So what if Ninty profitted???? Did either you or me see that money?? So what does it really mattered. IMHO it was the fact that Xbox the new kid on the block was even able to outsell a Ninty console, who have been in the buisness forever. XBox released at a higher price point and did not have the benefit of having any big name games behind it, but it still managed to get 2nd

Just because you didn't get money doesn't mean any of you refusing to take it into account sound any less ignorant (in the true sense of ingoring a fact).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

In terms of profit it won the generation, in terms of sales it lost. Its a flip of a coin really.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

In terms of profit it won the generation, in terms of sales it lost. Its a flip of a coin really.

Which I guess one could call a "successful failure", a term that's applied to other things that don't work, but aren't the train wrecks they could have been.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
ssj12 said:

Which I guess one could call a "successful failure", a term that's applied to other things that don't work, but aren't the train wrecks they could have been.

Unlike the original Xbox which might have been in second, but came with a massive lose. That is what you call a complete failure.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

What I don't really get though is why people never seem to mention the Xbox's failure against the PS2

Yeah, Xbox was such a fail. I mean look at Xbox360 now, Sony is outselling M$ by billions.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAyoustupidmotherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) xD

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

ssj12 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
ssj12 said:

Unlike the original Xbox which might have been in second, but came with a massive lose. That is what you call a complete failure.

Well it did get their foot in the door, so it's also a successful failure. Or an expensive as hell success.

The gamecube did alot wrong as what everyone else said, the disc, the color purple, the design was just wierd.... amd no third party support for it, or very little support.... But that aside i had all three systems last generation and i got to say gamecube was still the best for me..... my favorite game was mario strikers.... play that with 4 players and its a blast..... 

oniyide said:

@Milkyjoe  that still has nothing to do with me as a gamer, i didnt work for Sega

Yeah, sure it doesn't.

We only went from having Sega consoles to not having Sega consoles. Clearly that's no impact on us at all.

Companies like Sony and Microsoft can fund their gaming divisions having massive losses through other areas of business making profit. Dedicated gaming companies like Sega and Nintendo cannot.

So profit/loss doesn't matter so much to us with all things Sony and Microsoft, as they're likely to carry on regardless until their whole company is suffering.

When the dedicated gaming companies suffer sustained losses, they can't continue anymore. That impacts on us directly.

But hey, you keep your head stuck in the sand.

VGChartz

@milkyjoe  I know all that, but IMHO i dont really care. Sega couldnt cut the mustard, then boohoo. Now if someone was a Sega fanboy (i used to be) then boo hoo for him and her, but for the people who can give a fig, they'll just get another console. Im a video game fan first. Im going where the games are. I dont care who provides, Sony, MS, Ninty, hell Apple if they want to.