By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So Vgchartz Pro has arrived...

ssj12 said:
Joelcool7 said:

Well I'm launching a game site hopefully by the end of the month. I may have to get Pro so that I can report numbers. But as an average gamer I would not pay for the chartz. Especially if I can still search software sales (Just without filters). If this forum changes and services are witheld for those who do not pay, then I gotta say I probably won't be here as much as I have been over the years.

I can understand that VGChartz wants more money I mean getting these sales information and running this website must cost a fortune. I don't know how much the ads cost but I guess they need more reveniew. Pro better get rid of all the horrible ads, taking features away and then charging for them will drive alot of gamers away.

ioi please don't ruin VGChartz!

The point of Pro is to offer what we currently don't to businesses and firms looking for a wider variety of information. This includes a way more detailed statistics and figures.

I'm shocked no one noticed you guys got a new line graph with the upcoming update for free users.

Also, you seem to forget that most users join for the news, reviews, and community. The sales site is still one of the most controversial parts of VGC network. Many people really don't care about sales figures.

Thats not why I joined VGChartz, well partially is. But I joined to begin with because I wanted to follow the sales of my favorite games and consoles. I use the chartz almost daily. It shouldn't be contriversial infact VGChartz means Video Game Charts meaning sales figures, its the cornerstone of what makes this site better then any other on the web. Or at least sets it apart.

So I did a quick check of the software tools and could still search by console and stuff. What features are being removed from the free to use package? I know I've heard about whats being added but it seems most users in this thread are more worried about what were loosing?

Is their an official thread to discuss what were loosing? Or are we loosing anything?

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
Joelcool7 said:

Well I'm launching a game site hopefully by the end of the month. I may have to get Pro so that I can report numbers. But as an average gamer I would not pay for the chartz. Especially if I can still search software sales (Just without filters). If this forum changes and services are witheld for those who do not pay, then I gotta say I probably won't be here as much as I have been over the years.

I can understand that VGChartz wants more money I mean getting these sales information and running this website must cost a fortune. I don't know how much the ads cost but I guess they need more reveniew. Pro better get rid of all the horrible ads, taking features away and then charging for them will drive alot of gamers away.

ioi please don't ruin VGChartz!

The point of Pro is to offer what we currently don't to businesses and firms looking for a wider variety of information. This includes a way more detailed statistics and figures.

I'm shocked no one noticed you guys got a new line graph with the upcoming update for free users.

Also, you seem to forget that most users join for the news, reviews, and community. The sales site is still one of the most controversial parts of VGC network. Many people really don't care about sales figures.

It was said when Pro was announced that features that are free would stay the same and Pro would be added features that were not currently available. As far as ppl not caring about sales...the site is called VGchartz, I think sales are a pretty big deal for the majority of members. Sales it what drives alot of the threads in the forums. Its not good business to announce something and change it without letting ppl know. Still waiting for an official response, seems to be warranted by now.

Carl2291 said:
ssj12 said:

You'd probably find that the complaints in this thread refute that claim.

20ish users out of the rest the site have posted here... really not a majority leaning in favor for your argument.

I joined for the numbers, and to piss off my old bosses at PSU.com who hates this site. Since then I joined a group of people who helped expand this site past just sales, which had very slow community growth, to what it is with news, reviews, and a much broader community. More people joined for the news and info, and stayed for everything the site has to offer.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Bye

Wait, so are we going to see leaked info from vgchartz on the forums from now on?...

The reason I guess 90% of the people joined the site was because of the chartz... I know this is not going to change your mind,  Just look at the forums...

tx

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network

No offense to VGChartz but the data isn't accurate enough to be worth my money. I'm here for the forums though so....

ssj12 said:
Carl2291 said:
ssj12 said:

20ish users out of the rest the site have posted here... really not a majority leaning in favor for your argument.

I joined for the numbers, and to piss off my old bosses at PSU.com who hates this site. Since then I joined a group of people who helped expand this site past just sales, which had very slow community growth, to what it is with news, reviews, and a much broader community. More people joined for the news and info, and stayed for everything the site has to offer.

No offence but the news reported on VGChartz is almost always hours to days behind the competition. Often I see news here in the forum before its reported on the site. I'm sure most of the users here can't possibly be here for the News. I go to Kotaku, IGN, GoNintendo, Gamasutra for my news and I'm sure I'm not alone. Though I do admit their is sometimes exclusive news here. Like the news from the Chartz.

Also the contriversy about the VGChartz. I see that contriversy most when I post sales info on other sites, it tends to be users who don't think the numbers are realistic. Rarely do I hear complaints about the chartz here on the site.

So I'm still wondering, what will us free consumers be loosing? Thats what everyones upset about.

-JC7

ssj12 said:

20ish users in a couple of hours at a slow point for the site... Superbowl is on in America, and it's really late in the UK/Europe.

The sales part of the site is the center of the site. It's the main thing what brings us here. It's why the site was started in the first place. Everything else is 2nd to the Sales on VGChartz. It's what VGChartz has its reputation for. Sales. We rarely ever have exclusive news and we rarely ever have really early reviews. 

Sales are a huge part of this community. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Joelcool7 said:
ssj12 said:
Carl2291 said:
ssj12 said:

No offence but the news reported on VGChartz is almost always hours to days behind the competition. Often I see news here in the forum before its reported on the site. I'm sure most of the users here can't possibly be here for the News. I go to Kotaku, IGN, GoNintendo, Gamasutra for my news and I'm sure I'm not alone. Though I do admit their is sometimes exclusive news here. Like the news from the Chartz.

Also the contriversy about the VGChartz. I see that contriversy most when I post sales info on other sites, it tends to be users who don't think the numbers are realistic. Rarely do I hear complaints about the chartz here on the site.

So I'm still wondering, what will us free consumers be loosing? Thats what everyones upset about.

I remember ioi saying that VGC Pro will have features that the free VGC wouldn't have.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Joelcool7 said:
ssj12 said:
Carl2291 said:
ssj12 said:

I remember ioi saying that VGC Pro will have features that the free VGC wouldn't have.

I know that but the news up until now has been that us free users wouldn't be loosing anything. What I want to know is are we going to loose anything as the OP indicates?

-JC7