By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So...which 7th generation console is the best?

So...which 7th generation console is the best?

Wii 169 28.40%

PS3 313 52.61%

Xbox 360 112 18.82%

Total:594
Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

PS3's winning. How shocking!

Not realy. is there realy an competition? Haha i jk of course ^^

You could get banned for that. Quickly go and put some additional ramblings in there!

For me, I always expected the PS3 to win, sadly. But I'm surprised the Wii is beating the 360. The rightful order of things is restored

If i get banned for that then i probably wont come back. I even added at the that i was jking to the end. And i was simply respong to a comment that had already been posted >_>

True. I've already spoken to someone about it, so I doubt you will.

Not having you on the site after these past few weeks will be very upsetting for me...but, well, I'm sure it won't happen.

And, as Seece rightly said: "They always come back. Give it a few weeks"

Also, what would be the point of me changing your profile pic next week if you aren't on the site to see it eh?

Im part of 2 other forums so i wouldnt be hard to leave (this is my second most frequent)

I see, but...

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!

@Carl- Really! I'm shocked. I expected PS3 if anything

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

As a Nintendo loyalist for more than two decades my vote goes to PS3.
I think they build the best console this time, as a personal opinion.

Boutros said:
dunno001 said:
Jumpin said:

I am most satisfied with the Wii; as the other consoles focus too much on online multiplayer games rather than real multiplayer games. If I had an option, I would say DS and PSP are ahead of the home consoles overall this gen for single player games.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. My top system this gen has been the DS, by far, with the PSP in a clear second. And with all the cheating in online games, I've no interest in that aspect of gaming, which leaves me the Wii from the poll options.

@Conegamer: I have to say, you are incredibly optimistic about the posters here. I'm surprised it's remained this civil for this long already.

And you don't think people cheat in split-screen? -.-

I find it a lot worse.

Screen watching, controller unplugging, punching/slapping, and trash talk are all skills for local multiplayer :D . As for the OT, I'd go with the Wii because it gives me my Nintendo and 2D fix while my PC does everyhthing else for me.

xeroxm3 said:
Boutros said:
dunno001 said:
Jumpin said:

I am most satisfied with the Wii; as the other consoles focus too much on online multiplayer games rather than real multiplayer games. If I had an option, I would say DS and PSP are ahead of the home consoles overall this gen for single player games.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts exactly. My top system this gen has been the DS, by far, with the PSP in a clear second. And with all the cheating in online games, I've no interest in that aspect of gaming, which leaves me the Wii from the poll options.

@Conegamer: I have to say, you are incredibly optimistic about the posters here. I'm surprised it's remained this civil for this long already.

And you don't think people cheat in split-screen? -.-

I find it a lot worse.

Screen watching, controller unplugging, punching/slapping, and trash talk are all skills for local multiplayer :D . As for the OT, I'd go with the Wii because it gives me my Nintendo and 2D fix while my PC does everyhthing else for me.

I hate screen watching. It seems like I'm the only one among my friends not doing it so that's frustrating!

Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:

PS3's winning. How shocking!

Not realy. is there realy an competition? Haha i jk of course ^^

You could get banned for that. Quickly go and put some additional ramblings in there!

For me, I always expected the PS3 to win, sadly. But I'm surprised the Wii is beating the 360. The rightful order of things is restored

If i get banned for that then i probably wont come back. I even added at the that i was jking to the end. And i was simply respong to a comment that had already been posted >_>

True. I've already spoken to someone about it, so I doubt you will.

Not having you on the site after these past few weeks will be very upsetting for me...but, well, I'm sure it won't happen.

And, as Seece rightly said: "They always come back. Give it a few weeks"

Also, what would be the point of me changing your profile pic next week if you aren't on the site to see it eh?

Im part of 2 other forums so i wouldnt be hard to leave (this is my second most frequent)

I see, but...

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!

@Carl- Really! I'm shocked. I expected PS3 if anything

I wont ^^ just if i ever get banned for soemthing silly like that >_> and yh wtf carl? O.o

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

The Wii.

It appeals to more people. It wins. It's doing its job the best.

Who is this?

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

This is of course is purely subjective. The Wii fits my desires the best:

• I think the wii has the best value.  Not only has it been the cheapest, but games like brawl, galaxy 1 2, and others have offered me many many hours of fun while being cheaper than HD games.
  • This gen nintendo has at times changed the way games are played.  Some other games have tried to change what games are.  I'd rather have the former, than the latter. 
  • Reliable
  • Tech is nice, but if it is not utilized, what's the point.  To a certain extent this can be said of Nintendo and Sony first party.  However, Red Steel 2 and Boom Blox Bash Party imo have implemented motion better than any other games thus far. 
  • No subscrition fees
  • I can understand the appeal of non-gaming console extras. Personally I don't care for the extras at all.  
  • Donkey Kong is finally back!
  • Plus I LOVE to stick it to EA!
If you were to reword the question, 'What console would you want starting in 06?', the 360 would be a clear choice.  The 360 has had the best pacing of games this gen.
Overall with the console with the most broad selection of games and non-gaming add-ons I'd say would be the PS3. 
If it is of any worth, the addition of PC makes the Wii infinitely more appealing.  

Chibi.V.29 said:
Carl2291 said:

The Wii.

Who is this?

I know? Someone hack his account or something?

@Pacman- I agree with all those points, very nice reasoning. I especially like DK

Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Carl2291 said:

The Wii.

Who is this?

@Pacman- I agree with all those points, very nice reasoning. I especially like DK

maybe hes posesed? One thing is for shore. that is not carl

Chibi.V.29 said:
Conegamer said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Carl2291 said:

The Wii.

Who is this?

maybe hes posesed? One thing is for shore. that is not carl

I dunno. He seems much looser now than he was, say, 3 months ago, now the holidays are over, far more neutral