By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Graces (F?) on Wii still a possiblity...you guys better beg

famousringo said:

Beg? Bite me.

Earn my dollar. I have plenty of other places I can spend it if Namco doesn't want it.

this was not what namco said just the title i believe.

Around the Network

PsWii please.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Is Namco trying to crush my sense of being? Not saying am glad for Graces (Trust me I am), but repeating putting salt on my deep wound isn't going to be fixed by just releasing Graces. Atleast the Japanese version of Vesperia should be coming my way soon.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Soriku said:
rccsetzer said:
oniyide said:

@everyone  ok i didnt know if they fixed it or not. Im not that big of a Tales fan. So yeah, they should do both in that case, no reason not too.

@rccetzer  why spend extra time and money on a 360 port??? its not like it will sell better than the PS3 version or even Wii version.  All they have to do is localize for PS3 and Wii since those already exist and send it on over. 360 owners wanna play it. buy PS3 or Wii

Well, i dont have a 360, but i always heard that porting to it is much easier and less costly than the other way around (360 to PS3). Don't know if Vesperia 360 community will be pissed of. Maybe not, because they already have a "Tales of" on their console of choice. One thing we all know: Tales of Xilia is PS3 only.

They ported the Wii version to the PS3 and added new content. The graphics aren't upgraded besides the resolution making things look a bit better which should obviously mean both versions are using the same resources/engine. Porting the entire game over to the 360 would take too much time compared to just porting the extra content to the Wii version where most of it is already done.

The people who want it most are PS3 and Wii owners anyway.

i dont think porting to the 360 would be much of a problem to me the 360 just has alot more rpgs lol so it can chill for a min.

^^^ RPGs on 360 dont do so hot, at least not the JRPGs so that could be a reason not to port it too 360

Around the Network

I'm still hoping for a Wii version. There are people who are trying but for some reason, at least on Facebook, alot of people seem to believe releasing Tales of Graces F on the Wii as well will only lose more money. They don't believe a multi-platform game will sell. 

oniyide said:

^^^ RPGs on 360 dont do so hot, at least not the JRPGs so that could be a reason not to port it too 360

FFXIII still sold a million copies. And like FPS on the Wii, if there were actually more of them, and not some weak test games, there would be more of an audience.

Even though the Lego X games don't sell as well on the PS3, they still sell well nonetheless, because they are a) on the system, and b) just as good as the other versions. So good for Travelers Tales on showing how respecting all your audience can pay off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

oniyide said:

what rpgs do fine on the 360 in alot of cases better than the ps3 including jrpgs.

@lordtheknight  Final Fantasy is one game, and we all know that sold on its name. PS3 version did much better(not counting Japan numbers).  Theres a slew of JRPGS on 360 and you know it. MS was securing a bunch of them at the beginning of the gen to try and sway japan audience, it was a valiant effort but it didnt work.  

@Mad55 most of those cases the PS3 games are late ports, late ports dont usually sell better than the original no matter what the genre or system. i was reffering to Tales of Vesperia really, that game only did a quarter mil in US, that crap #s considering Tales of symphonia on GC did better than that, and had a much weaker install base.

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  Final Fantasy is one game, and we all know that sold on its name. PS3 version did much better(not counting Japan numbers).  Theres a slew of JRPGS on 360 and you know it. MS was securing a bunch of them at the beginning of the gen to try and sway japan audience, it was a valiant effort but it didnt work.  

@Mad55 most of those cases the PS3 games are late ports, late ports dont usually sell better than the original no matter what the genre or system. i was reffering to Tales of Vesperia really, that game only did a quarter mil in US, that crap #s considering Tales of symphonia on GC did better than that, and had a much weaker install base.

I don't think it's fair to compare ToV sales in NA solely to ToS, you have to compare it to the entire franchise.  ToS was a fluke in the Tales of world and shouldn't be used as a barometer for success in the series.

@Mad, I am curious what examples you have of a JRPG that released the same day on both consoles doing better on 360.  I might agree with you if you meant that JRPG's have comparable sales in the West, but the idea that the 360 can do better at selling JRPGs has no foundation if you choose fair comparisons.