By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:
justinian said:
thx1139 said:
kowenicki said:
justinian said:

Yep, 360 won, get over it.

For PS3 fans there is no shame in this defeat. Don't forget that Kinect and a $1bn campaign was to help x360 "destroy" the competition from it's launch and through 2011. So far this year the WW gap is so close between the two that x360 fans are disappointed. The same x360 fans celebrated these close victories are the same that thought the gap would be much, much wider. Nothing wrong with that.

As for the wii it's still there. YOY it's falling but it has only fallen into the roughly the same sales figures as the others so if anyone think that x360 or PS3 is gaining any major ground is smoking the bad stuff, although combined the HD consoles will obviously close the gap.

lol.. its growing...

And even with the campaign EDD made $679million.

Do you even know what EDD is? When you have figured that out tell me how much of that profit x360 made. You don't know because MS never said. I am sure it made profit and please that it did but EDD (which consists of PC gaming, online stuff, aspects of MS office and Windows 7 etc.,) helped make that profit, not x360 on it's own.

@kowenicki

Did I ever stated that the gap between x360 and PS3 was not growing. I clearly stated that it was but not to the extent most ardent x360 supporters anticipated. I also mentioned so far this year the gap is minimal, approx 10k which is relatively nothing.

Yes, a gap is gap and a win is a win.

err... I wasnt talking about gaps... I was talking about the much discussed $500m that is now $1bn according to you.

Yes of course, my mistake. The $1bn was kinect and W7 phone.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Blood_Tears said:

Some people need to let it go and not let comments from the few 360 fans on this site bother them. 360 won this week by 6.5k.   Congrats on the extra 6500 consoles, i was one of them because of the stupid Rrod.  :(

In the grand scheme of things all 3 consoles have a statistical tie. VGChartz data is not 100%. Hell the 360 could be 10% ahead of what it is or even behind. Goes the same for Wii and PS3. If anyone needs to stop crying its the people defending that the 360 is ahead by 6.5k units.

Concure.  VGChartz's numbers are estimates.  There are constant adjustments.  People argue over which way a changing wind blow for nothing.

Some people seem to look at the Wii declining massively YoY and see that as troubling for the Wii, but really it's troubling for the HD consoles, that the Wii is down so drastically and STILL keeping pace with the HD consoles :P

Anyway, I can't say I feel bad about the Wii decline. It simply needs games. If Nintendo won't realease them, then that means they must not care much about the Wii's decline either, so why should I? Basically, Nintendo will be in charge of their own fate from here on out.

They've clearly shifted focus to 3DS. Though Zelda and DQX will still be huge, and I expect some announcements of more motion plus games soon. Then there is still the possibility of Vitality Sensor, although the lack of talk about it lately is suspicious, and I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it for their next console, or scrapped it all together.

Wow X360 winner.

Metallicube said:

Some people seem to look at the Wii declining massively YoY and see that as troubling for the Wii, but really it's troubling for the HD consoles, that the Wii is down so drastically and STILL keeping pace with the HD consoles :P

Anyway, I can't say I feel bad about the Wii decline. It simply needs games. If Nintendo won't realease them, then that means they must not care much about the Wii's decline either, so why should I? Basically, Nintendo will be in charge of their own fate from here on out.

They've clearly shifted focus to 3DS. Though Zelda and DQX will still be huge, and I expect some announcements of more motion plus games soon. Then there is still the possibility of Vitality Sensor, although the lack of talk about it lately is suspicious, and I wouldn't be surprised if they delayed it for their next console, or scrapped it all together.

I remember reading the forums on this site in early 2010 that Nintendo was doomed.  That was until the Christmas season came around.  Then, Nintendo Wii sales was "off the charts" while the Sony PlayStation3 also outsold the Xbox 360.  Just sharing.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Less than 3% between the 3 home consoles...

and 360 wins!!  statistical tie my arse.  

I know that your kind of kidding(due to that winking face) but I actually agree with you. I hate it when people say under-tracked or Over-tracked or statistical tie...I don't even own a 360 and though it only won by 3K it still won IMO...statistical ties are annoying as crap and as far as I am concerned don't exist LOL!

For example, uDraw Studio apparently has sold 1.2 Million but VGC has it at 970K or so...I am a fan of uDraw but I am not considering it as under-tracked until VGC says it is...who knows? THQ could have meant shipped and not sold so as of now 970K is what I am going by.

I know I got kind of off topic but I hate when people say that stuff LOL.

Anyway...where is Mario Sports Mix? Mario Sports Mix came out in Australia on the 28th didn't it? I know the U.K isn't until February 4th but Australian sales count as Others right? Is VGC just going to combine the 1st week of sales for Australia and the U.K and just call it week 1 or is it not being tracked?

*Sound Of Rain said:
kowenicki said:

I know that your kind of kidding(due to that winking face) but I actually agree with you. I hate it when people say under-tracked or Over-tracked or statistical tie...I don't even own a 360 and though it only won by 3K it still won IMO...statistical ties are annoying as crap and as far as I am concerned don't exist LOL!

For example, uDraw Studio apparently has sold 1.2 Million but VGC has it at 970K or so...I am a fan of uDraw but I am not considering it as under-tracked until VGC says it is...who knows? THQ could have meant shipped and not sold so as of now 970K is what I am going by.

Anyway...where is Mario Sports Mix? Mario Sports Mix came out in Australia on the 28th didn't it? I know the U.K isn't until February 4th but Australian sales count as Others right? Is VGC just going to combine the 1st week of sales for Australia and the U.K and just call it week 1 or is it not being tracked?

well the reason people say things like that is because there has on many ocasion been adjustments.  Last year when the 360 had been on top for a very long time sudenly it turned out it had been switiching off many weeks with the 360. 

So when the margin of difference is smaller than the margin of error it's very possible that things could reverse but they could widen as well. 

What's anoying is when some people say it's a tie when there consule is down but then say it's a win when it's up.

Metallicube said:

I 100% agree with the bold as Wii isn't doing bad at all...I never really get why people seem to think Wii is doing terrible and the PS3 and 360 is doing great as Wii is ahead of PS3 and 3K away from 360. Yes, I understand that it is doing bad compared to its older #'s but its still doing great!

@ The underlined and Italicized: I personally think and hope that it will be at Iwata's GDC conference since it is about the future...IMO it would be the perfect place to show it but if its not shown there then I agree its been delayed or canceled.

Kinect games are doing really good. Move not so much.

Wonktonodi said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
kowenicki said:

well the reason people say things like that is because there has on many ocasion been adjustments.  Last year when the 360 had been on top for a very long time sudenly it turned out it had been switiching off many weeks with the 360. 

So when the margin of difference is smaller than the margin of error it's very possible that things could reverse but they could widen as well. 

What's anoying is when some people say it's a tie when there consule is down but then say it's a win when it's up.

LOL...that is even more annoying. 

I know why people say it but its still annoying...how do they know its over or under tracked? They just seem to say it every week. It also seems that people tend to say it when there system or game isn't doing as well as they have hoped. I don't mind people stating adjustments when they have already been made but I find it annoying when people say it so much before it even happens. For example, If a game or system I enjoy does get adjusted up I may post about it too because I like it but I don't like when people post adjustments that are not even official. Also, IMO statistical ties still don't exist...somebody wins every week in my book even if its by a single unit sold.