By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official: 360 vs PS3 gap now 2.88m

one side: bla bla bla
other side: bla bla bla
NiKKoM: drunk and goes of to have sex with his gf..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

one side: bla bla bla
other side: bla bla bla
NiKKoM: drunk and goes of to have sex with his gf..

HEY!!!  Getting drunk is my job. 

kowenicki said:

so the shipped gap is growing...

excellent.

should grow a bit more to take it back above 3m next quarter too.

there will always be far more PS3's in the channel than 360's... always

kowenicki had also said: I fully expect 360 to outship PS3 in the next qtrs figures.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3718627

now if i only had a penny for ever time MS fans have said that to only turn out WRONG

as for

"there will always be far more PS3's in the channel than 360's... always"

you might want to start writing articles for the site again b/c the ps3 has had less in the channels than the 360 for

quarters ending Dec 06, Mar 07, Jun 07, Sep 07, Dec 07, Mar 08, Jun 08, Sep 08, Dec 09, Mar 10, Jun 10 and at one point the 360 had a enormous 2.5M and has been over 2M mark in the channel four times, where as the ps3 biggest shipped to sold gap is 2.5 and has only gone over the 2M mark twice

now as for "should grow a bit more to take it back above 3m next quarter too"

really? what makes you say that?

some facts for ya

PS3 has out shipped the 360 6 straight quarters only this last one being a tie this is all b/c of only one thing sony has done the $299 PS3, even with MSs relaunch, Halo Reach, and Kinect MS has failed to out ship Sony, what is MS doing or going to do in the next 2 months that leaves you to believe it will outship Sony for this current quarter?

in the last 2 quarters where the PS3 has outshipped it 9.8 vs 9.1 this sites data shows that 360 outsold it 9.7 vs 8.9.  now current sales for Jan are 993k vs 360s 897k how is the 360 going to over come its Jan and outsell it further for its shipments to be above the PS3?

Play Me

Crystalchild said:

Americas is widening the gap, i am afraid. :<

go EMEAA!

xD

Yup.. and the sold to customer gap is over 4 million overall. The way the 360 performed this past holiday, I don't see the PS3 catching the 360 until 2012 if it's lucky. If M$ lowers the 360 to that $149 magin number this year, Sony will have an even harder time catching the 360. People need to realize that casual gamers do all their strongest shopping during the holidays and from this past year, it seriously favors the Wii and 360 in America. Even though the PS3 obviously  sells better in Japan and Europe, the numbers in Europe weren't a huge difference like it was in the U.S. One week during the holidays the 360 outsold the PS3 by 2:1. That didn't happen in Europe during the holidays.

'gaming till I'm gone'

ElGranCabeza said:
pachoo5 said:

That is the shipped gap. There are more PS3s sitting on store shelves than there are 360s sitting on store shelves. The sold through to consumer gap is a little over 4 million.

No.

Ummm Yes. Definitely in America this is very true. In Europe the PS3 only sold slightly better then the XBox 360. The Wii and 360 pretty much destroyed the PS3 this holiday in America. The gaps each week were pretty large at times. The sold to consumer gap is definitely over 4 million. People keep forgetting that NPD doesn't count every retail and Walmart is one of the biggest retailers that aren't on the list. It's safe to say more 360 sold at that store then PS3. I don't even know how Europe is even tracked. I'm sure their are countries missing from the tally.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network

Simple fact: MS tends to overstuff in December.

PS3 Q3 Q4
06/07 1.7 1.8
07/08 4.9 2.2
08/09 4.5 1.6
09/10 6.5

X360 Q3 Q4
06/07 4.4 0.5
07/08 4.3 1.3
08/09 6.0 1.7
09/10 5.2 1.5

Sony is probably shipping 2.8 millions consoles this quarter; MS never shipped more than 1.7 million consoles, it will be lucky to ship 2 millions consoles.

tooto123 said:

plz vgc fix the gap numbers its official now 2.8 only

Only if you go by shipped numbers. Which are pretty much meaningless. Yiou could ship 5 million units of something and only 3.5 million sell. depending on the time of year, that 1.5 million could take another 3-4 months to sell. The 4 million gap is "sold to consumers".

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:
tooto123 said:

plz vgc fix the gap numbers its official now 2.8 only

Only if you go by shipped numbers. Which are pretty much meaningless. Yiou could ship 5 million units of something and only 3.5 million sell. depending on the time of year, that 1.5 million could take another 3-4 months to sell. The 4 million gap is "sold to consumers".

qq

blue7x7 said:

Where did you get those numbers the official numbers given by both Sony and Microsoft themselves which can't get any more official than that stand at Xbox 360 50.9 and the PS3 at 47.9 so it's actually 3 million.

there was rounding up for MS numbers for a Q in 08 or 07 cant remeber which, but the sources article has it at 50.8 and his last article was 360 at 44.5 compared to 44.6, most others on interwebs have it .1 higher b/c they round up one of MS Q from 07 or 08

at least thats my explaination for it

Play Me

well from neogaf it's 50.9,also CVG is 50.9 too

but yes i remeber last time i saw Q1 data in neogaf was 44.5

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=419995