By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official: 360 vs PS3 gap now 2.88m

kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
MonstaMack said:

Not according to vgchartz it isn't.

I wouldn't worry about.  With the ways adjustments have been around here and as well as the PS3 has been selling, vgchartz will have the gap at 3 million before we know it.

there will always be far more PS3's in the channel than 360's... always

And those PS3's will be forever stuck there in a time loop until the Doctor comes to save the day... always.

why the smart reply...? I am merely stating an obvious fact.

the 360 doesn't sell in Japan (so minimal stock is held) and isnt available in  many other markets that the PS3 is.

I agree, The PS3 is a world console, it's more popular than the 360 in everywhere except a few big countries, I would assume sony is smart enough to have enough supply this time around unlike last year.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
MonstaMack said:

I wouldn't worry about.  With the ways adjustments have been around here and as well as the PS3 has been selling, vgchartz will have the gap at 3 million before we know it.

And those PS3's will be forever stuck there in a time loop until the Doctor comes to save the day... always.

the 360 doesn't sell in Japan (so minimal stock is held) and isnt available in  many other markets that the PS3 is.

I agree, The PS3 is a world console, it's more popular than the 360 in everywhere except a few big countries, I would assume sony is smart enough to have enough supply this time around unlike last year.

I saw what you did there.  Have a beer on me.

As long as 360 continues to dominate the US market I don't care because the majority of best sellers are US based companies.

Either way people tend to forget this thing called Kinect. It's going to move more consoles so the gap isn't going anywhere.

It's just that simple.

kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
MonstaMack said:

meaning its more popular in lots of small countries/ emerging markets... I agree.

small countries like France, Spain, Japan, Brazil, India, the little ones

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
kowenicki said:
psrock said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:

meaning its more popular in lots of small countries/ emerging markets... I agree.

Actually I believe that the key sentence was this.

I would assume sony is smart enough to have enough supply this time around unlike last year.

Sony had enough supply this year. Microsoft did not.

So we enter 2011 with Sony having plenty of product in the system and MS having little product in the system.  The only way for this to be corrected is for MS to build and ship more product.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:

As long as 360 continues to dominate the US market I don't care because the majority of best sellers are US based companies.

Either way people tend to forget this thing called Kinect. It's going to move more consoles so the gap isn't going anywhere.

So if the Xbox 360 doesn't dominate the US market, Xbox 360 games are less enjoyable and playable?

LivingMetal said:
MonstaMack said:

So if the Xbox 360 doesn't dominate the US market, Xbox 360 games are less enjoyable and playable?

No the 360 would still have plenty of games and be enjoyable. But we would lose certain things IE exclusivity on Call of Duty Maps, and get less multiplatform titles and what not if the 360 sold less. If 360 had half the sales in the US we would see a lot less multiplatform titles. Usually the US difference makes up the Europe sales difference on multiplatform titles sales.

Japan is forever lost i don't think anyones going to argue that so I'm not expecting a wave of JRPGs or niche Japanese titles outside of the occasional bullet hell (Bulletwitch, Otodums or however It's spelt) . Which is fine with me because I prefer WRPGS like Fallout.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
LivingMetal said:
MonstaMack said:

No the 360 would still have plenty of games and be enjoyable. But we would lose certain things IE exclusivity on Call of Duty Maps, and get less multiplatform titles and what not if the 360 sold less. If 360 had half the sales in the US we would see a lot less multiplatform titles. Usually the US difference makes up the Europe sales difference on multiplatform titles sales.

Japan is forever lost i don't think anyones going to argue that so I'm not expecting a wave of JRPGs or niche Japanese titles outside of the occasional bullet hell.

Ummm, who's "we," and both the Wii and PS3 have their share of exclusive games and exclusive content, ya know?  In fact, the PS3 has had exclusive content for multi-platform games for some time now while the PS3 is in better position now than before in my opinion.  So I don't think you have to worry about the Xbox 360 not getting that content being just ahead of the PS3 (but still behind the Wii) while the PS3 is still going very strong.

Why are you all whining about the numbers? The gap is still the same and wait for next year until you start these data wars. And vgc is sold not shipped so there could be a difference? And ps 3 might sell more than the 360, who cares? The ps3 did a bad job (from 100m ps2 to 47 ps3) meanwhile the 360 has gone up incredibly (from 25 xbox to 50 360). That's the important data ;)

Where did you get those numbers the official numbers given by both Sony and Microsoft themselves which can't get any more official than that stand at Xbox 360 50.9 and the PS3 at 47.9 so it's actually 3 million.