By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 Open Beta

SpartenOmega117 said:

are these all the gametypes that will be available on the full game?

yeah they are available separate also.

Around the Network
radiantshadow92 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

im wondering if there is a similar gametype to the gears of war warzone or cod search and destroy- where you only get one life

SpartenOmega117 said:
radiantshadow92 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

im wondering if there is a similar gametype to the gears of war warzone or cod search and destroy- where you only get one life

nah, its like all the types in warfare but separate or you play them all in warfare. I just hope the maps are really good. That was the thing that ruined killzone 2. Everyone played on one map lol

Awesome so far. Didn't play a real match yet, just tried the botzone and tried out the Move controlers. Move works really well with it but I don't think I could do it for multiplayer. Tomorrow I'll try some real matches.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

AngelosL said:

how are the visuals guys?

Too detailed for me personally.

Being a fan of competitive shooters, the insane amount of eye candy feels a little distracting sometimes. Felt the same way about KZ2. I would've loved an fps increase in exchange for slightly downgraded graphics.

The beta has improved since the "alpha code" build. Slight minor obvious bugs here n there but it's more than playable. The new ISA SMG sounds and feels like a beast.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Around the Network

Yesterday I played it and I don't know what the hell happened. Maybe I was around a bunch of newbies cause I finished first by doubling the quantity of kills my teamates had done. I am not supposed to be that good at all.

That's why  I need to be tought respect. My PSN user is Arizna and I will be logged in at 8 pm UTC -05:00.

evolution_1ne said:
ocnkng said:
evolution_1ne said:

even though I will more likely hate it....

EVOluTION_1ne

edit: just finished downloading, and in a botzone to check everything out so far.... WTF

final edit: and so goes the killzone franchise. it's OFFICIALLY dead now. *casts a small boat with a candle inside*

deleting beta....

What was the problem?

almost everything that made killzone 2 the amazing unique experience that it was, was either removed, utterly destroyed, or replaced with worse alternatives.

side note: GG reasoning for adding guerrilla warfare/ Team Deathmatch was because the fans demanded it..... did we??

I mean with custom games you could just make a game and only activate TDM (which MANY people did) so whoever asked for tdm was clearly retarded. So they destroy all freedom and community aspects of killzone and replace it with shit you could already do in killzone.

yeah GG is clearly in need of some god damn intelligence because that was just fucking stupid, amongst all the other completely fucking stupid decisions they made.

My only problem is getting a match online. Given this is the first open beta it is understandable because It'll be fixed, everything else is perfect in my opinion. Movement feels nice and the gameplay got a quick pace that I enjoy. What I also like a lot is that there is no rooms for campers.^^ I'm lovin playing on medic, respawning where I got gunned down and having a little robot following and protecting me is a hell of a lot of fun.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

99% done now. Psn: ReservoirDawg (getting rid of my jamaicamecrazy name, brother past away so im taking over his name for him)

Feel free to add.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

pvaapuri said:

okay.  I played the beta a little bit today.  I didn't like it.  Shotguns and some other guns are way overpowered.  This was gonna be a day one purchase for me, but not anymore.  The closed beta was so much better but they seem to have changed everything since then.

Edit:  I have only played the game with Dualshock controller, have not tried move with it yet.

how is the shotgun overpowered? it has no range.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good