By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Mafia Round 25 - Sign-up Thread

theRepublic said:
Wonktonodi said:

maybe we should try the hephs modified idea he had in the dead thread.  An even number would work for that sice it would be 2 teams.  2 kings each with a single kill ability they can use any time until just after they die .  4 guars for each king who know who their king is but not who the other guards are.  There are no nighttime factions so a faster pace.  So game could end with either side winning or a tie.

That does sound like an interesting setup.  I wouldn't mind being the mod for it.  If Trucks signs up we would need one more, unless someone wants to co-mod.

a co-mod would be good in this set up so not too much discussion would happen after a king uses his kill

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
A Bad Clown said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Wow this sign-up thread has been around for 6 days!!! Come on people Mafia is fun come out and play!

It's not fun when 3/4 players already dislike you enough to vote you out day one.

I don't remember you ever playing? Or do you consider yourself a dislikable guy?

I've seen the past people who've played and most of them..."dislike" me.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Wonktonodi said:

maybe we should try the hephs modified idea he had in the dead thread.  An even number would work for that sice it would be 2 teams.  2 kings each with a single kill ability they can use any time until just after they die .  4 guars for each king who know who their king is but not who the other guards are.  There are no nighttime factions so a faster pace.  So game could end with either side winning or a tie.

I'm willing to give it a try if others are interested, but I'm not sure how well that will translate into a larger sized game. Without night kills I'd say it'll actually be a slower game, and because there are zero "informed" roles(no mafia) the voting trail for the lynch would be far less informative than in a regular round.

Linkzmax said:
Wonktonodi said:

I'm willing to give it a try if others are interested, but I'm not sure how well that will translate into a larger sized game. Without night kills I'd say it'll actually be a slower game, and because there are zero "informed" roles(no mafia) the voting trail for the lynch would be far less informative than in a regular round.

What I mean by fast is that there isn't down time for night roles.  Yes each day could take a while.  There are very few "informed roles" Each guard knows who they are protecting so there could be a patern from who get avoided.  10 people seems relatively small but yeah I don't know how big of a game you could get with it.

Screw this, I say if we can find someone who will mod a 10 player game then go for it.  If people show up bitching about being left out they can (1) suck it up because they didn't sign up; or (2) make a "25B" game like the old days. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

if you do that have the guards set us as Guard for King A and Guard for King B, like this there is info and team A or B can start being more agressive when they win ^^

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

A Bad Clown said:
TruckOSaurus said:
A Bad Clown said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Wow this sign-up thread has been around for 6 days!!! Come on people Mafia is fun come out and play!

It's not fun when 3/4 players already dislike you enough to vote you out day one.

I don't remember you ever playing? Or do you consider yourself a dislikable guy?

I've seen the past people who've played and most of them..."dislike" me.

you mean in past games or in this signupsheet? It seems we won't get many more players for this round so if you have no beef with players here you might as well sign up.

Also 1/2 of the people playing here I didn't like before starting mafia... opinions change when you do other things than bicker about such and such game with a predisposed mindset. I doubt anyone here would vote you based on that if you played even moderately actively.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Final-Fan said:

Screw this, I say if we can find someone who will mod a 10 player game then go for it.  If people show up bitching about being left out they can (1) suck it up because they didn't sign up; or (2) make a "25B" game like the old days. 

I'd be willing to start a game with whatever number of players we've got right now. If we wait any longer people who signed up will start dropping out before it even starts.

Signature goes here!

IMPORTANT : DO NOT SIGN UP IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO PLAY!
Signup List
1. Linkzmax

2. Wonk

Final-Fan
4. trashleg

Heph
Stefl1504
7. theprof00

noname2200 (radishhead woz 'ere)
9. trangentspree

10. radishhead
11. Silver-Tiger

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Eleven folks, the classic Mafia number.  I say let's get this show on the road!