By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Mafia Round 25 - Sign-up Thread

Wow this sign-up thread has been around for 6 days!!! Come on people Mafia is fun come out and play!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

see, what I mean by theme is simply people have names from a specific game or franchise. Townies don't have to have protagonist names, you can make up a story in which everybody has random names.

For example, we could have a theme game of megaman, where every player is one of the bad robots, and the moderator is megaman. That way, it helps bring more people to the game, even if they're noobs, they might become permanent additions to mafia. It's important to expand.

The theme I had in mind was an alien invasion, mostly because of the wacky deaths I could give lynched and murdered people. To make it relevant to this forum it could be a Space Invaders theme :P

@prof: What's up with your sig? Did you loose another bet?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

The theme I had in mind was an alien invasion, mostly because of the wacky deaths I could give lynched and murdered people. To make it relevant to this forum it could be a Space Invaders theme :P

@prof: What's up with your sig? Did you loose another bet?

haha nope, just excited for ffversus.

Or you could make that alien invader game...destroy all humans. That way it could be townies as farmers, aliens as mafia, cop as cop etc. That makes name-claiming the same as role claiming, thereby removing that exploitative resource, while at the same time having quirky killing powers. 

earth defence force :p

well that's one game I only ever played because of these forums so to me it sounds fitting :op (yeah relevant for one out of 10 players is enough no? =D )

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

maybe we should try the hephs modified idea he had in the dead thread.  An even number would work for that sice it would be 2 teams.  2 kings each with a single kill ability they can use any time until just after they die .  4 guars for each king who know who their king is but not who the other guards are.  There are no nighttime factions so a faster pace.  So game could end with either side winning or a tie.

TruckOSaurus said:

Yay! I'm not too late... now host or play... that is the question...

@theRepublic: Do you have something planned already? If so I'll go for PLAY!

My setup is currently un-themed and would need to be modified for the smaller group.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Wonktonodi said:

maybe we should try the hephs modified idea he had in the dead thread.  An even number would work for that sice it would be 2 teams.  2 kings each with a single kill ability they can use any time until just after they die .  4 guars for each king who know who their king is but not who the other guards are.  There are no nighttime factions so a faster pace.  So game could end with either side winning or a tie.

That does sound like an interesting setup.  I wouldn't mind being the mod for it.  If Trucks signs up we would need one more, unless someone wants to co-mod.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

TruckOSaurus said:

Wow this sign-up thread has been around for 6 days!!! Come on people Mafia is fun come out and play!

It's not fun when 3/4 players already dislike you enough to vote you out day one.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
A Bad Clown said:
TruckOSaurus said:

It's not fun when 3/4 players already dislike you enough to vote you out day one.

I don't remember you ever playing? Or do you consider yourself a dislikable guy?

Signature goes here!