By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game has the best music?

I'm kinda surprised I'm the first to bring up Kingdom Hearts for music. I think Yoko Shimomura's work for that series has been brilliant so far and Utada Hikaru has an amazing voice. I also really love Persona 3's soundtrack because it's funky and keeps you entertained throughout the entire game. 

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:
Boutros said:

Probably OoT.

Oot? Whats that?

Ocarina of Time

xeroxm3 said:

I'm kinda surprised I'm the first to bring up Kingdom Hearts for music.

Hey, I also said KH music xD

pastro243 said:
xeroxm3 said:

Haha sorry I missed it in my intial scan because you used KH so it blended in with all the other words. Good to know someone else is a fan though.

xeroxm3 said:
pastro243 said:
xeroxm3 said:

Haha sorry I missed it in my intial scan because you used KH so it blended in with all the other words. Good to know someone else is a fan though.

yeah xD It doesnt matter anyway 

Around the Network

I pick House of the dead: Overkill

Nier, a vastly underrated game with a superb soundtrack. Everything just sounded so original and there were so many different sounds for different areas in the game. Also as mentioned before the Kingdom Hearts games have some great music, there are some really good piano versions of a few songs on youtube.

This wins, IMO.

When The World unites, and we are one big happy human race, this will be the National Anthem for The World when we visit other planets. It's so Epic. It's so awesome. It's great. It's good. It's fantastic. It's excellent. I want it.

2:40 onwards is just... Perfect!

Red Alert: Retaliation.

huaxiong90 said:
Scoobes said:

GTA: San Andreas

They have Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine and is therefore completely awesome.

Actual game music though:

Final Fantasy VI, VII and X had fitting music

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (some of the tracks kinda remind me of Pendulum)

Shadow of the Colossus

Elder Scrolls III & IV (the music just works for the settings)

Jeremy Soule is a genius.

Regarding GTA, I like the loading music and intro music for GTA: SA. I even had it as a ringtone.

I honestly had no idea who'd done the music for Elder Scrolls. Shameful really. I just wiki'd Jeremy Soule and the man is a living legend in the music-game world.

And he's back for Skyrim!