By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

*Rare VS Retro*

Rare 107 35.20%

Retro 194 63.82%

Total:301
Xxain said:

Retro gets a tad to much praise. Its easy to take a already established IP and add to it

Lets see how they fair with a original IP

Actually it is harder than creating a new IP. With a new IP you can do whatever you want but not with an old one as you have to fallow the old ways at the same time ad new things without ruining the feeling of how it was.

Retro is miles better than Rare they should not even be compared lol. I have all the games they have made for Nintendo and all of them are above 9ns

Except DKCR which I give a 5 :P   

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:

Actually it is harder than creating a new IP. With a new IP you can do whatever you want but not with an old one as you have to fallow the old ways at the same time ad new things without ruining the feeling of how it was.

Retro is miles better than Rare they should not even be compared lol. I have all the games they have made for Nintendo and all of them are above 9ns

How is it easier? New IP you have to create audience. Old IP you have an audience, you just have to appease it.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
Roma said:

How is it easier? New IP you have to create audience. Old IP you have an audience, you just have to appease it.

I am not talking about audience… a good game is not made by the audience. The game can be the best game ever yet not sell to a lot of people.  

Roma said:

I am not talking about audience… a good game is not made by the audience. The game can be the best game ever yet not sell to a lot of people.  

Tell that to a publisher and in fact the people who are trolling rare were simply DKC fans (or anti ms). The fact is that Retro wouldn't be loved as much if DKC wasnt a used franchise. I am not fussed if you weren't talking about it or not. It has to be considered.

A rule is only a rule if all things are considered. If you are talking about new IP's are easier of reasons but Audience this is not true, as this is the major reason why it is easier for an old IP.

AussieGecko said:
Roma said:

Tell that to a publisher and in fact the people who are trolling rare were simply DKC fans (or anti ms). The fact is that Retro wouldn't be loved as much if DKC wasnt a used franchise. I am not fussed if you weren't talking about it or not. It has to be considered.

A rule is only a rule if all things are considered. If you are talking about new IP's are easier of reasons but Audience this is not true, as this is the major reason why it is easier for an old IP.

You sounded like you were shouting while typing that :P anywho

An old IP that is good sells better yes I never said otherwise. All I am saying is that it is harder for a new developer to work with an old IP that belonged to another developer. So making it good and live up to the old games is harder than making a totally new IP that is good in its own way.  

Around the Network
Roma said:

An old IP that is good sells better yes I never said otherwise. All I am saying is that it is harder for a new developer to work with an old IP that belonged to another developer. So making it good and live up to the old games is harder than making a totally new IP that is good in its own way.  

AHAH no no shouting here haha.

It is easier to do an old Rare one though because for some reason people are pissed at Rare and not the fact Nintendo simply let them go. Look at Goldeneye as well both have done well.

If Rare was still with Nintendo and Retro or whoever made Goldeneye made Goldeneye you would see different reactions imo. It is the best company to get their games remade. Because of this hate against Rare for some reason and if you don't see that see this thread for evidence. People are making crap up to make Rare sound bad.

Its ludicrous. I kinda wish Retro didn't make this and Rare did it one last time just so these threads would stop popping up. It is getting kinda frustrating.

retro made the only dkc title i liked plus the metroid prime series...and the only rare games i liked are the banjo games...retro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>old and new rare

I don't think anyone's mad that Nintendo let Rare go when they did, why should they be when Rare was already way passed its prime?

fwap said:

I don't think anyone's mad that Nintendo let Rare go when they did, why should they be when Rare was already way passed its prime?

again how is this so. A firmware for a piece of hardware > Games. New firmware gives way for new games thus new firmware is more available

AussieGecko said:
Roma said:

AHAH no no shouting here haha.

It is easier to do an old Rare one though because for some reason people are pissed at Rare and not the fact Nintendo simply let them go. Look at Goldeneye as well both have done well.

If Rare was still with Nintendo and Retro or whoever made Goldeneye made Goldeneye you would see different reactions imo. It is the best company to get their games remade. Because of this hate against Rare for some reason and if you don't see that see this thread for evidence. People are making crap up to make Rare sound bad.

Its ludicrous. I kinda wish Retro didn't make this and Rare did it one last time just so these threads would stop popping up. It is getting kinda frustrating.

Hmm well how come they did an amazing job with Metroid or are fans pissed of at Nintendo as well? Team Ninja did not succeed as well as Retro did (not saying Other M is bad I love it but the other games are better)

I don’t think the new rare would make games as good as the old rare used to do. There must be a reason why Nintendo sold them. Something was going on in rare and it was time to let them go. Golden Eye did revolutionize FPS games but it was at a time where it was new on consoles so it was possible for them to bring in something new.

So do you think the rare we have today could make a better DKC game than DKCR?

DKCR is an awesome game I just put a 5 there to piss off Bouli :P