All Play An Equal Role 73 31.74%

Total:230

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
osamanobama said:
Squilliam said:
osamanobama said:

like what?

please share these compelling features that xbox has that ps3 doesnt which makes so many americans buy it.

also i was not trying to bash the xbox, i like along with many of its games (namely gears of war), but i can still see that it is inferior, doesnt mean its bad, just not as good.

which then baffles me that it pretty much outsells ps3 2:1

The capabilities to play with your friends on Xbox Live since fewer people have PS3s, fewer friends have PSN comparatively.

thats not a feature.

but anyway im pretty sure people with xbl gold and people who play on psn (obviously not 70 million or whatever) are very close. anyway that leads back to my 1st point you prefer it and others get it bc everyone else has it, ur friends have it, they have bc everyone else has it, new people get bc other have it. its a cycle. lol

It so is a feature. If they cut PSN the complaint would be 'Sony removed a feature of the PS3'.

well you said xbox has features that people actually care about, i asked like what, what does it have that ps3 doesnt.

you said playing with friends online (and having more people on it, more people is not a feature) but anyway if psn has less its not by much, opening day of black ops psn had more than 800,000 people playing it. i dont know the exact number for xbl but wasnt it around 1,000,000. thats hardly significant to point out number of people online when it is so great on both, even a game like uncharted still get around 50,000 a day

Price, but it has to have good games too. I voted price.

A combination of all the choices plus advertising.

Games are what attracts people to your system

the price helps in making that final decision. 

The one big hit can convince people to buy your system but is def not the main factor'

Word of mouth now a days sells games and systems far more than advertising, and in the ever growing online gaming world the system "all your friends play on" is a compelling factor as well. 

i wouldn't say any of the factors share equal parts in convincing others but one factor isn't significantly more prominent than the other. 

Around the Network

It's all 'bout games. You can sell a system for a limited time with good marketing, a killer app, word of mouth etc. but without a good library of games the system won't stay alive for long.

*Sound Of Rain said:
patapon said:

Advertisement

If that were the case then Kinect would have sold even more than it already did LOL.

Its true, Kinect would probably had flopped with no advertisment at all. People just forget that word of mouth is the best advertisment there is. So thats why, some products sells better than others, since it is what the public wants.

Brand Name lolz

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Why so black and white? It depends on the consumer. For gamers, it's game library. For everyone else it could be anything. PS3 for it's blu ray capabilites or Wii/Kinect for it's motion controls.

Well marketing, brand name and price helps but you really need that 1 game that acts as a catalyst and has a furiously good word of mouth. That creates a traction for the product and more awareness, then you need a few more killer titles to get the job done

Wii Sports was that game for Wii this generation...then Wii Fit, MK Wii just added more fuel to the fire. 

Nintendogs was that game for DS this generation...then Pokemon, NSMB Wii added more fuel to the fire.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey