Game Library 96 41.74%

Price 36 15.65%

1 Huge Hit(Wii Fit, Kinect) 25 10.87%

All Play An Equal Role 73 31.74%

Total:230
Squilliam said:
Carl2291 said:

Marketing.

Without naming names, this generation has proven that with great marketing, even a shoddy product can sell Millions.

Core gamers are idiots, casuals wait until the game has been proved to be good before they buy it.

Indeed; they buy games they play once, shelf and never touch again.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Squilliam said:
Carl2291 said:

Marketing.

Without naming names, this generation has proven that with great marketing, even a shoddy product can sell Millions.

Core gamers are idiots, casuals wait until the game has been proved to be good before they buy it.

Indeed; they buy games they play once, shelf and never touch again.

You need a big pile of unplayed games to form a decent soap box in order to feel entitled to speak down to the rest of the gaming population so I don't blame them.

Tease.

price, coz if its cheap and it breaks you wont be hurting to buy another :P

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

the system that everyone else owns.

case in point, xbox in america.

i cant think of any other reason why it utterly destroys the ps3 every year, even though it is at the same price point and has inferior capabilities

Retailers are the main thing that sell a system.

Next up, the system will sell good or bad depending how it is in overall package.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:

i cant think of any other reason why it utterly destroys the ps3 every year, even though it is at the same price point and has inferior capabilities

Because it is bought by inferior human beings who aren't as intimidated by the inferior system. The reason why the PS3 sells even more poorly is because the people who buy the PS3 are so inferior they either cannot hold down a job or save up money to purchase one, this is why the PS3 always needs a price drop. Luckily people who aren't as inferior have the option of buying a Wii.

So like does that explain inferior capabilities? I think you might be confusing spec sheet with actual compelling features.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
osamanobama said:

Because it is bought by inferior human beings who aren't as intimidated by the inferior system. The reason why the PS3 sells even more poorly is because the people who buy the PS3 are so inferior they either cannot hold down a job or save up money to purchase one, this is why the PS3 always needs a price drop. Luckily people who aren't as inferior have the option of buying a Wii.

So like does that explain inferior capabilities? I think you might be confusing spec sheet with actual compelling features.

like what?

please share these compelling features that xbox has that ps3 doesnt which makes so many americans buy it.

also i was not trying to bash the xbox, i like along with many of its games (namely gears of war), but i can still see that it is inferior, doesnt mean its bad, just not as good.

which then baffles me that it pretty much outsells ps3 2:1

osamanobama said:

like what?

please share these compelling features that xbox has that ps3 doesnt which makes so many americans buy it.

also i was not trying to bash the xbox, i like along with many of its games (namely gears of war), but i can still see that it is inferior, doesnt mean its bad, just not as good.

which then baffles me that it pretty much outsells ps3 2:1

The capabilities to play with your friends on Xbox Live since fewer people have PS3s, fewer friends have PSN comparatively.

Tease.

I think its games that appeal to a mass market, whether its one hit title or many hit titles. Gears of war  and halo 3 come to mind. Not only that but these particular games needs to distunguish itself substantially from the previous generation of gaming consoles  or competing consoles, that makes people clearly see the difference between the two and ultimately lead to a need to have that specific console or system. The price range needs to match the level of need or want, if that makes sense? People spend so much on an iphone, clearly they see the value in it and will buy it at a high price. It also needs to be popular, people tend to buy what other people buy, something like getting the console your friend has so that they can play together....its a mix of all these things imo.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

osamanobama said:

I agree...it was the same but reversed with PS2 & Xbox. PS2 had the inferior capabilities but outsold the Xbox 7-1.

Being in 2nd feels so much better than being in 3rd