By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A Game You Won't Play Even if it was Free

Final Fantasy XIV, obviously since I did buy it and quit even though they keep on extending the free trial.

Around the Network
palancas7 said:
VXIII said:

FIFA 2005 2006 2007 2008 .... / PES 2005 2006 2007 2008 .... you got the point .

There was no such thing as PES 2005 or PES 2006.

But you got my point still :P

This thread could have been a lot better if the OP had asked about games we won't play unless somebody pay us.

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?

I'd give almost any game a shot if it's free. Even games I've seen before that I'm really NOT interested. Nothing specific comes to mind, but I'm pretty open minded, I would give almost anything a chance. Keyword: almost. Those Babyz games or whatever and others like it might be the only things I would straight up avoid.

However, whether intentional or not, this seems like a question aimed at P2P MMOs. With that in mind, I have a few that I wouldn't play even if free, mostly because I have played them before.

-WoW

-Aion

-DDO (the freemium version doesn't count, it's only 30-40% of the full game)

twesterm said:

Final Fantasy XIV, obviously since I did buy it and quit even though they keep on extending the free trial.

I recently gave FF14 a shot and it's not THAT bad right now. Granted, it's no where near good yet, but it seems like it's moving in the right direction. And when the little things aren't being annoying, it can be kind of fun.

It's better than when it was released, but still not in the "worth-playing" range yet. In time, maybe they can get rid of all the stupid stuff and bring out the things that could actually make it a good game.

Around the Network

Certainly the Halo games. I played Halo 3 for an hour and thought 'how on earth it is enjoyable'. Returned it and bought some other game. I will never buy any Halo game again. 

RolStoppable said:

Halo 3 - I could have played Halo, but I chose not to.
Gears of War - See above.
Gears of War 2 - See above.
Call of Duty 4 - See above.  Great game
Battlefield: Bad Company - See above.
Far Cry 2 - See above.
Devil May Cry 4 - See above.
FIFA 09 - See above.  always wanted to try it... never could bring myself to buy it.

Just a small selection.

Pretty much. *thumbs up*

any FPS or SPorts game.

Any first-person shooter game

Any FIFA / PES / NBA, etc...

World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Final Fantasy XI, XIV

US Arc Rise Fantasia (and ONLY the US version...)

Nintendogs ( cats), Just Dance

I'm sure I forgot "some" games...

BlOps

I play PC and PS3. The best of both worlds.