By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The thing that makes the NGP "miles" better than the 3DS

Now, i'm not buying either at this point. Both software listing are weak for me on either systems for now. If we are talking hardware though, there is a HUGE thing the 3DS is missing.

Did we forget what paved the way for the psOne/Two?

DUAL ANALOG STICKS

This is the first real gen when Sony has opposition using dual analog sticks, and look! They losing! Dual analog change the way we play, by being able to control the fucking annoying camera on the screen! Imagine! Playing God of war with a roll stick! 

Just saying guys. Dual analog sticks, Rule.

Around the Network

Meh ...

As has been demonstrated many times on both the Nintendo DS and iPhone, you can emulate the functionality of an analogue stick with a touch screen fairly well.

"Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one"

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

For me personally, dual analog sticks aren't that important. All the games I really like so far only use 1 stick. :/

So for me it's not a big deal, but I can understand when people like the addition of a 2nd stick/pad/whatever.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

NotStan said:

Some....are nicer, and less hairy.

Around the Network
NotStan said:

And in this forum it seems like people counter negative threads with more negative threads. 

Thats archaic control for me. Especially on FPS, so clunky and unintuitive, but sure in the end it all comes down to a matter of own preference. PC gamers pretty much don't miss dual analogs too much.

just another 3DS vs PSP2 thread :P  It has two nipples instead of one yay!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Doesn't the 3DS have a motion sensor where you can move the system and the game implements it by also changing the camera angle within the game? So why need a second stick? It was demostrated in OOT and also the touch screen could work as well.

I expected MUCH more from this thread. An analogs stick did nothing for the PSP and just because there are two now things won't get better neither save the NGP of it's doomed fate. 1,8/10 for the thread.

Above: still the best game of the year.