By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Sony eat crow again?

When they say that 3D shouldn't be portable.

This looks so much like when the Wii was released. "It's just a gimmick. People will move on. It won't work well" And later they forget everything and copy the wiimote with  the move.

Sony is in the "It won't work well" phase. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it when they learn how to do their own version of 3D on the NGP Go.

Around the Network

Most likely....

rubido said:

When they say that 3D shouldn't be portable.

This looks so much like when the Wii was released. "It's just a gimmick. People will move on. It won't work well" And later they forget everything and copy the wiimote with  the move.

Sony is in the "It won't work well" phase. Don't worry, they'll grow out of it when they learn how to do their own version of 3D on the NGP Go.

its a diffrent case.

sony didnt come out and say 3d shoudnt be portable. someone came and asked them is their going to be 3d for the ngp and they said no we think that 3d shoudnt be portable.

also considering that sony can easily put 3d on their portable theyr not going to eat crow.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

also how did sony eat crow? that was said for pr and they were working on the move at that time. just because the competitor has 3d and just because that competitor sells better and they talked badly about 3d doesnt mean that they ate grow.

if you take and make such a deal after every pr statement then molyneux is probably dead because he ate to much.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Can you link me to where they said this please? I'd like to read up on it.

Around the Network

I think they have something to learn from the stylebook of Nintendo. Instead of trashing your rivals products, try to make them more attractive to the mainstream, not to a niche. PS3 users have become a niche (a big niche) and it seems that NGP will suffer the same fate. The white, clean look of Nintendo, their ads where they show people enjoying, it's very different than the taunting ads that Sony make. All that Kevin Butler ads reinforce the Playstation brand as a teenager to 30s male don't local multiplayer console, and that target is limited. Taunting and criticizing Nintendo products only reinforce this bad dude attitude that Playstation brand transpires.

Carl2291 said:

It's currently the third news article on the site.

just one problem with comparing PSP2/3DS to PS3/Wii situation

Sony won't overprice this time for blu-ray royalties which they did last time

zgamer5 said:

also how did sony eat crow? that was said for pr and they were working on the move at that time. just because the competitor has 3d and just because that competitor sells better and they talked badly about 3d doesnt mean that they ate grow.

if you take and make such a deal after every pr statement then molyneux is probably dead because he ate to much.

really?.... come on. they went onto destroy the wiimote idea so many times, and talked too much shit about it,  and at the end they ended up doing it too.... that my friend, is eating almost every freaking crow that has ever existed.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Carl2291 said:

It's currently the third news article on the site.

Goes to show how much I pay attention Thanks.

Anyway.

"In the development process, we had studied the possibility of introducing stereoscopic 3D feature to NGP, but decided not to install it. After careful consideration of our goal of offering users the ultimate portable entertainment experience with a revolutionary user interface we have decided to focus on the features and specs announced today first."

Look at that last line. "First".

He's pretty much saying that it's not a key element for them. Not that it simply shouldn't be done. Would I expect a 3D screen in a future SKU of the NGP? Yeah. Sure.

Will Andrew House "eat crow"? Yeah. Possibly.

Does it matter at all? Yeah. It really does... In a good way. If he does eat crow and Sony gets a 3D screen on the NGP it means a whole bunch of new SW for it and possibly better experiences for people who own it. It's a great thing.