By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - In order to defeat 3DS, NGP has to be able to negate the software advantage

Its games that sell a system, not hardware, so in order for NGP to have a chance against the 3DS, it has to be able to blunt the 3DS's software advantage, NSMB, Nintendogs, Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Brain age were the reason that DS triumphed so heavily over the PSP, most of those games will see a sequel on the 3DS, probably the biggest of which will be NSMB 3DS, so the question for Sony, is how are they going to deal with that, because unls they have an answer to that advantage, the result will be t same as the DS vs. PSP and Wii vs. PS3, with Nintendo outselling them by a huge margin

Around the Network

I'm not sure that NGP has any chance whatsoever of winning the sales race this time around either, neither company has really changed their approach, Nintendo has made a new system that will appeal to all the DS owners but might draw in more hardcore becuase of the greater graphics capability and the 3D.

NGP is a system that is exactly like the PSP but stronger, so it will appeal to the audience of the PSP but doesn't seem to have anything that will capture an expanded market. So best case scenario, it will have the same market share as the current PSP.

I just hope nobody is violently upset when NGP doesn't outsell the 3DS

They can make a 3DS emulator on NGP.

Mr.Metralha said:

Except without the 3D. Or the two screens.

Well Sony is having it's greatest franchises come on to the NGP. as well as all the new features that may attract, not just only the PSP audience, it could get them iOS, Android, PS3 and DS users.

But Specially, Android and DS users.

Around the Network

And 360 users of course. 

Rath said:
Mr.Metralha said:

I was kidding obviously. You need a killer PC to run a Wii emulator in good conditions, 3DS requirements for an emulator will be something insane.

Rath said:
Mr.Metralha said:

you beat me to it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Haha, sorry, but it IS the hardware in the case that matters. Ninty wouldn't receive nearly as many sales if the 3DS were not 3D.

No Glasses 3D Success of DS Fan Service = No chance the NGP could possibly win

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

The DS would have won  without the 3D, the DS is still the top selling console every year. What is Sony needs to focus on is success, they need to create games designed for the PSP2. I would take another 60 million PSP again plus better software sales.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)