By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - In order to defeat 3DS, NGP has to be able to negate the software advantage

Mr.Metralha said:
Rath said:
Mr.Metralha said:

They can make a 3DS emulator on NGP.

Except without the 3D. Or the two screens.

I was kidding obviously. You need a killer PC to run a Wii emulator in good conditions, 3DS requirements for an emulator will be something insane.

I'd realised =P

Around the Network
psrock said:

The DS would have won  without the 3D, the DS is still the top selling console every year. What is Sony needs to focus on is success, they need to create games designed for the PSP2. I would take another 60 million PSP again plus better software sales.

I mean the 3D is the 3DS's selling point. I mean, Nintendo is going to lure so many buyers in with that.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Why does every single person on this site feel the need to make one of these *what PSP2 needs* threads?

miz1q2w3e said:

Why does every single person on this site feel the need to make one of these *what PSP2 needs* threads?

because its quite obviously the biggest news in gaming right now by a large margin.

Honestly I think if Sony had a chance at dethroning Nintendo then the origional PSP was that chance. The NGP could take more market share away from Nintendo then the first PSP if Sony plays its cards right.

In order for NGP to take a 40% marketshare or have a chance at dethroning Nintendo I think

#1. NGP needs to launch at 250USD or less (not likely going to happen)

#2. It needs to have all of Sony's biggest IP's (Looks like that is happening)

#3. Needs to have all of the third party hits availible (Possability)

#4. Needs to take full advantage of the touch screen and track pad, gyroscopes etc...etc... (Might happen)

#5. Not be just a games console, use movies augmented reality and GPS to make it something more, 3G etc...etc...

#6. Cut dev costs down as much as possible, promote apps as well to encourage more development (Which Sony seems to be doing)

#7. Make sure their is more then enough supply to meet demand, the first year of sales is usually one of the biggest and most important.

Those are the seven biggest things I can think of off the top of my head. I think all seven would need to be executed very well in order for Sony to steal marketshare from Nintendo, if they were to beat Nintendo I think they would have to do even better then the seven things listed above.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
miz1q2w3e said:

because its quite obviously the biggest news in gaming right now by a large margin.

The PSP2 is the biggest news right now, yes, but how is that even close to the topic of threads I'm refering to?

The topic of this thread is clear, another version about what PSP2 needs to beat 3DS - In what world is that considered news about the PSP2?

miz1q2w3e said:
BenVTrigger said:
miz1q2w3e said:

The PSP2 is the biggest news right now, yes, but how is that even close to the topic of threads I'm refering to?

The topic of this thread is clear, another version about what PSP2 needs to beat 3DS - In what world is that considered news about the PSP2?

We are on a sales website..........what the PSP2 needs to beat the 3DS is directly corrolated to sales discussion....what else would we be talking about on VgChartz? 

BenVTrigger said:

We are on a sales website..........what the PSP2 needs to beat the 3DS is directly corrolated to sales discussion....what else would we be talking about on VgChartz? 

I didn't say it was inappropriate - My comment was, why the need for so many clones of the same thread??

If you think this thread is unique then you haven't been paying close enough attention

BenVTrigger said:
miz1q2w3e said:
BenVTrigger said:
miz1q2w3e said:

True, but the problem with this thread is that the OP is merely restating the obvious.  If this was an article in a mainstream magazine, then perhaps, but everyone on this site knew all of this long, long ago...

I don't think NGP is going to defeat 3DS. Sony just needs it to be profitable. Like PSP, like PS3. As long as the revenue and profit is steady and satisfactory, it's a success.