By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Explains 3DS's Short Battery Life

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  its a Ninty handheld, when have they ever not sell??? and between you and me i could care less what they sell it has no bearing on if i get the system or not. I just care about the games and as soon as they get the ports out the way ill be getting one.

1. The Gameboy Micro.

2. It's about the mainstream, not you. Stop using yourself as a counterargument.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

@lordtheknight  Gameboy Micro is part of the Gameboy line, far as im concerned its no different than the DSi or lite, do you consider those to be different platforms?? 

I dont give a damn about the mainstream, if the battery life bothers them they dont have to buy it, the rest of us will, theres no argument here. Just stating that what the masses do and like have never had a bearing on what I do and like

Well its gonna be an issue for me since I planned to use 3DS on my trips, but that won't stop me from buying it anyway!I just can't miss a remake of Ocarina of Time...and after watching Avatar I became a fanboy of 3D.The movie was just good and 3D made it look like  a masterpiece,and Ocarina of Time is already a masterpiece on its own :)

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  Gameboy Micro is part of the Gameboy line, far as im concerned its no different than the DSi or lite, do you consider those to be different platforms?? 

I dont give a damn about the mainstream, if the battery life bothers them they dont have to buy it, the rest of us will, theres no argument here. Just stating that what the masses do and like have never had a bearing on what I do and like

1. It still didn't sell well, and you gave no other qualifier in your question, so it's answered.

2. The mainstream is who Nintendo is selling this to, NOT you, or other gamers like you. So your personal feelings are not a counter to my point.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
oniyide said:

1. It still didn't sell well, and you gave no other qualifier in your question, so it's answered.

2. The mainstream is who Nintendo is selling this to, NOT you, or other gamers like you. So your personal feelings are not a counter to my point.

Stop, stop, stop. For God's sake.

In the first case, there is no monolithic "mainstream" demographic, there are demographics which make up the "non-gamer" super-demograpic. You couldn't define mainstream except to say "not hardcore", but that's hardly a well-defined or intuitive demographic in and of itself.

Secondly, your original statement is hideously non-specific with the use of the informal "you", which, given the context of being used on a video game message board when speaking in the second person to another hardcore gamer, could easily be interpreted as the personal you, the general you, or even the first-person "you", which would be using "you" to refer to yourself.

You don't have the semantic ground to take that tone with anyone in this topic.

Around the Network

@khuutra  i couldnt have said it better even if I tried, so ill leave him at that