By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Explains 3DS's Short Battery Life

^^^some of us will choose the former

Around the Network

Just wait a few weeks, untill the chinese make a bigger battery and flood eBay.

Sucky battery life is still sucky. With or without an explanation.

oniyide said:

^^^some of us will choose the former

What made you think I mean high end users, and not the company making the handheld for the mainstream?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

digitalnasties said:

Just wait a few weeks, untill the chinese make a bigger battery and flood eBay.

Is there a chinese DS Lite battery that lasts longer than the official Nintendo one?

Around the Network

@lordtheknight  hey man, YOU was the one that said always

battery life is a moot point as far as im concerned as long as it lasts several hours, which it does.  if you're where you are forced to play over 3-5 hours without being able to plug the unit into a wall or a car charger while you're playing, then you've fallen off the face of the earth and there is no hope for you.

the unit has great graphics, backlighting, 3d screen, wi-fi in sleep mode, is portable...and still works without plugging it in for 3-5 hours?  sounds like a sweet deal to me.

oniyide said:

@lordtheknight  hey man, YOU was the one that said always

In the context of Nintendo making sure their handhelds sell well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@lordtheknight  its a Ninty handheld, when have they ever not sell??? and between you and me i could care less what they sell it has no bearing on if i get the system or not. I just care about the games and as soon as they get the ports out the way ill be getting one.

I never play a handheld game for more then 3 hours anyway so I'm not affected.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints