By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what will you get? 3DS or PSP2.

NGP for SURE! All hype I had for the 3DS died completly last night.  Thats not meant to be a stab at the 3DS it does look really cool and interesting but the sheer power and beauty of that new PSP is INSANE, i mean the prototype launch games already look close to 360 / PS3 games, imagine what the polished finished stuff 2 years from now will look like.  PLUS TWO ANALOG STICKS AND TROPHY SUPPORT!!!!

Around the Network

3DS if the 3D effect looks really cool to me when I check it out in the store.

NGP looks like a cool device, but I rather game on a big screen tv with surround sound. When I'm on the move I'm driving a car, no use to buy one for that.

Maybe I'll have to buy both at some point though if the trend continuous that some of my favourite games disappear to handhelds :( Valkyria chronicles and paper mario for example.

Frankly, neither of them have a software lineup, that interests me enough to warrant a purchase. At least yet.

Depends on the games.... so far I haven't seen a game on either console that makes me thing I need to get it.

It's a really difficult decision as of right now and I hate making decisions like these.  I love Mario Kart and Animal Crossing which will be on the 3DS, but on the flip side I love me some Call of Duty (dual analog stick support)  and Hot Shots Golf as well and they will be on the NGP!  I guess it will depend on the price of the NGP.  If's it's more than $300, which most likely it will be, then I will buy a 3DS and wait for a price cut on the NGP or until I can save up the money.

Around the Network

Eventually, both.

The first one will be the one with the better games. Due to specs, however, I'm far more excited about NGP.

3DS first and if and when the price goes down will get psp2

Its hard for me to take my PSP on the run.  The psp is difficult to carry around unless its winter and I have a bulky winter coat on.

The ds fits into my shorts pocket.  

So it looks like psp2 will be the same size and it if  I carry it around in summer I will mess up the analog sticks like I did with my PSP's

Plus I am an old nintendo fan and the 3d opens up new game play opportunities. 

3DS  at launch.

PsP2 maybe 1-2 year after release.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

mhsillen said:

Its hard for me to take my PSP on the run.  The psp is difficult to carry around unless its winter and I have a bulky winter coat on.

So it looks like psp2 will be the same size and it if  I carry it around in summer I will mess up the analog sticks like I did with my PSP's

so the analog sticks do get problems being in pockets?

i don't know why the thinness of the NGP is being bragged about ever.

I see the NGP as a WIDER, and LONGER PSP.  The two factors that effect fitting in my pocket the most.  I mean hell seeing as your most likely on sitting down on computers right now, just look down at your pants right now with your phone in them right now.  Now imagine this NEW huge NGP in its place.  Not even sure if it could fit in my pocket or if it could if i could sit down without it stretchign my pocket area and be pokcing into my waist.  Am i going to have to go back to the 90's and wear super baggy jeans again

irstupid said:
mhsillen said:

so the analog sticks do get problems being in pockets?

i don't know why the thinness of the NGP is being bragged about ever.

I see the NGP as a WIDER, and LONGER PSP.  The two factors that effect fitting in my pocket the most.  I mean hell seeing as your most likely on sitting down on computers right now, just look down at your pants right now with your phone in them right now.  Now imagine this NEW huge NGP in its place.  Not even sure if it could fit in my pocket or if it could if i could sit down without it stretchign my pocket area and be pokcing into my waist.  Am i going to have to go back to the 90's and wear super baggy jeans again

I agree 

I had my psp in a special holder and that wrecked the analog stick.  It's just a difficult size

If I had my psp in my pocket now it would press itself half an inch into my leg

I can only carry my psp if it's winter and I have a winter coat on.