By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The 3DS vs PSP2 (NGP) battle: Who will win the console wars ?

Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:

Call of Duty support could mean a lot of things. The iPhone has a Call of Duty game FWIW.

can you stop, seriously, it's getting sad now.

Stop what? There are people claiming that the NGS is going to get a full blown Call of Duty game whatever that means. I didn't even say that wouldn't happen, I guess it could in theory. The only thing that was announced was a Call of Duty support, nothing more nothing less. Other systems have gotten Call of Duty support as well. That's great but you can't say more than that.

stop ignoring it!

your relateing everyting to iphone/andriod its annoying as hell.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:

The 3DS is launching a year beofre PSP2 even hits the market. Not only that but its predessor was market leader. Tge last system to have this advantage was PS2 and we all know how bad it beat is competion. It looks like nintendo is doing the same plan as the ds and focus on getting the old userbase on the new one and expand from there

but you are wrong, the last system to have this advantage was the ps3 and we know what happened 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

zgamer5 said:
Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:

Call of Duty support could mean a lot of things. The iPhone has a Call of Duty game FWIW.

Stop what? There are people claiming that the NGS is going to get a full blown Call of Duty game whatever that means. I didn't even say that wouldn't happen, I guess it could in theory. The only thing that was announced was a Call of Duty support, nothing more nothing less. Other systems have gotten Call of Duty support as well. That's great but you can't say more than that.

stop ignoring it!

I'm glad you're paying attention. Whether you like it or not, iPhone and Android are going to be a big part of the gaming market and represent a huge threat to the profits of Sony and Nintendo.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:

this is not the iphone though, this a playstation, and they always get the full game anyway. This one has the power, the controls, it's the perfect gaming device.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Darc Requiem said:

HappySquirrel pretty much nailed it. Sales analyst, the gaming press, and more important 3rd party developers assumed the PSP would be dominate and the PSP still got rolled by the DS 2 to 1 in sales. 3DS is getting good third party support from the beginning. A head start, lower price point, and good third party support is going to be difficult for the PSP2 to overcome.

Not to mention, a feature that will negate all of that expensive power hardware of the PSP2

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

And yet the GameCube still lost 7:1 against the ps2 despite "Nintendo games" ;) Lolz xD

Gamecube had the wrong Nintnedo games.

I LOVE ICELAND!

psrock said:
Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:

this is not the iphone though, this a playstation, and they always get the full game anyway. This one has the power, the controls, it's the perfect gaming device.

If it's perfect, then I have nothing left to say. There is no point in debating someone who has deemed something as perfection. You have your mind made up and don't want to hear another point of view, I can accept that.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:

If it's perfect, then I have nothing left to say. There is no point in debating someone who has deemed something as perfection. You have your mind made up and don't want to hear another point of view, I can accept that.

frankly, there is no debate yet, i haven't used this device yet, but if what i have seen, read so far is reality, my god congratulates Sony for once. They have created what we as gamers have always wanted, it will play games that not only controls just as well as the consoles but looks the same way. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Grimes said:
zgamer5 said:
Grimes said:
psrock said:
Grimes said:

stop ignoring it!

I'm glad you're paying attention. Whether you like it or not, iPhone and Android are going to be a big part of the gaming market and represent a huge threat to the profits of Sony and Nintendo.

i know theyr going to be that. but stop pointing out, im sure you love your iphone and im sure you love paying for over priced devices. but stop talking about it. portable gaming is going in a terrible direction stop reminding us of it!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Lets just look at reception

I think we can all agree that the forums and gaming websites everywhere were going much more bonkers and crazy when the 3DS was unvealed at E3, compared to the NGP shown today.

While yes that was at E3 so more people paying attention, but also being at E3 it had competition for the lime light.  Meanwhile the NGP is the only thing today at all.

Now then lets look at stores and consumers. A customer (non-internet-gamer-follower, basically not us) goes up and is curious about these two systems.  they are then shown both of the kiosk, or whateve ryou call the handheld version of that.

3DS - they are shown great graphics and most importantly its amazingly in 3D without glasses

NGP - they are shown amazing graphics, and bout it.

While yes the 3DS and NGP have many many extra features and new things, especially probably the NGP has more.  But is it easy to showcase all thse features of 3G, touch back and front, all games, psn downloadables, gyroscope, ect.  No its not.  They will see both systems, one with more advanced looking graphics, whilethe other is in 3D somehow.  Then they will look at price.