By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is NGP too big?

Judging by the engadget pics it looks like its slightly bigger than the 3000, which is quite portable. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
psrock said:

I was having the conversation with just one person. He said it was bigger than the original PSP, I said it was atually thinner. So we obviously were not talking about the PSP at all. 

It doesnt bother me if you guys think it's big, so what, but don't make shit up. I would say both DS and PSP are big, but they still sell tons. It's just one excuse to add to the few you guys can find so far. 

He made the point that its length is burdomsome. He explained reasons why. So, stop getting angry. He has a valid point to be annoyed by the size. Even if you may think he's anti-Sony.

And, psrock, it was a mistake made by loveoo that it was bigger. It's bigger than the PSP in the OP, but not the original. You know the saying, right, to err is human.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about with the bolded though. Excuses for what.

(Oh, and before you get angry at me, I don't have any issues with the size of the PSP or NGP. I do have issue with the stuff you're saying.)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
psrock said:

I was having the conversation with just one person. He said it was bigger than the original PSP, I said it was atually thinner. So we obviously were not talking about the PSP at all. 

It doesnt bother me if you guys think it's big, so what, but don't make shit up. I would say both DS and PSP are big, but they still sell tons. It's just one excuse to add to the few you guys can find so far. 

He made the point that its length is burdomsome. He explained reasons why. So, stop getting angry. He has a valid point to be annoyed by the size. Even if you may think he's anti-Sony.

And, psrock, it was a mistake made by loveoo that it was bigger. It's bigger than the PSP in the OP, but not the original. You know the saying, right, to err is human.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about with the bolded though. Excuses for what.

(Oh, and before you get angry at me, I don't have any issues with the size of the PSP or NGP. I do have issue with the stuff you're saying.)

Are you bored? We ended our conversation yesterday. I am angry at Sony for making wait so long to buy this big ass thing, not you.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
irstupid said:
psrock said:
LOVEoo said:

I don't think mistaking the 3000 with a 1000 is making up "things". I made a mistake and I admitted it. Everything else is just an opinion and you're are angry I don't agree with yours. I'm not shitting on this device. It's got cool tech it's gonna have some great games it's just physically unappealing and too big. That's all I ever said.

what's my opinion?

I respect your opinion, fair enough. 

The thing that annoys me most about you is that some of us come in to THIS TOPIC that is dealing with the size.

We discuss how we find the size to big for a portable and thus are probably not going to buy this device, becuase we want a portable handheld device to be just that.  A device I can take with me in a pocket and not some extra bag.  Now if I could pull off being Indiana Jones then its in my sachel in seconds.  But most of us walk around with just jeans and a shirt on, or in winter a coat.

Now you come in and bash us saying basically "screw you, you are just a hater and were not going to buy this anyway"

who is the troller?  not us. 

Who is this "we" you speak of. I actually been very nice to you. You have made it very personal while I kept it pretty calm. Now be careful how you use your words. I never called you a troll, I corrected you because you were making things up. It doesn't matter what your argument is, if it's based on a lie, I will get at you. 

Once again, That's up to you to say the next PSP2 is too big, fair enough, but it's actually smaller, thinner than the original PSP. Those who have seen it have not complained about its size one bit. Based on your choice of wanting to fit your electronic into your pants, there is no handheld gaming console out there that fits your needs. 

From the picture you can clearly see it is bigger.  Thinner means nothing to me.  Who cares how think it is, if the length and width prevent me from carrying it in my pocket comfortably.

I'm not making up facts or stating lies.  I'm saying I can't fit this in my pocket and walk around, sit and stand, ect comfortably.  It would be digging into my leg/thigh/waist ect while doing everyday activites. 

And yes there is a handheld gaming console out there.  All phones fit fine, the DSlite and respective sizes DSi, and from looks of it this 3DS fit just fine.  Your the one making bad assumptions and saying i'm lying.  I have put phones of all sizes in my pockets.  I have put my dslite in my pocket many a times, and i have tried putting a psp in my pocket.  I can not do that last one without being very uncomfortable.  It leaves my pocket area rectangle shaped outward the whole time.  I can't sit without having to adjust and then having it digging into my skin, or else removing from pocket all together.  This has nothing to do with its Depth/thinness/thickness whatever you want to say. 

This has become a simple issue not of dimensions, but of personal preferences being stated as some sort of "objective" measurement of portability.

For "jean pocket portability," (since someone arbitrarily decided this was the "standard" of portability) none of the DS models qualify any more than any of the PSPs, with the sole exception being the phone-sized PSP Go.

And for every individual who claims one is "jean pocket-sized," you're going to find another who claims the same thing for the other.

They all fit just fine in a jacket pocket.

Around the Network

And who the hell judges whether a device is "portable" if they can sit down while the thing is in their pocket anyway? The number of phones alone that have been broken that way would be comical if it wasn't so foolish.

NGP = 83.55 * 182 * 18.6 = 282833.46

PSP1000 = 170 * 74 * 23 = 289340

/thread