name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Proof FTW! The orange box ps3= X360

I honestly hate these conversations, it's clear in any of these games, the graphics difference and loading times could never be so huge, that I'd go by the other console just to get the other version, it's ultimately irrelevant. And simply created as fodder for fanboys. What does make a difference though to me anyway, is how alot of the ps3 renditions come out later then the 360 versions, I was really excited for the orange box and I had it beat on the 360 way before it was on the ps3, if I was waiting for the ps3 version I'd be ticked off.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
The PS3 version has AA while x360 has none .

Is this actually true, or just another something Diomedes said?

leo-j said:
@darknight

The load times are only about 1-2 secs longer than the X360 loads. Dunno why either. Atleast according to the gamevideos comparison vids.

The 360 has a faster optical drive than the PS3 (about twice as fast).  Despite the lack of a standard hard drive, it can load many games faster.

TheBigFatJ said:
leo-j said:
@darknight

The load times are only about 1-2 secs longer than the X360 loads. Dunno why either. Atleast according to the gamevideos comparison vids.

The 360 has a faster optical drive than the PS3 (about twice as fast).  Despite the lack of a standard hard drive, it can load many games faster.

Actually once you factor in the differing speeds of the 360 drive depending on where the information is located on the disc, the PS3 and 360 read optical information at roughly the same speed. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

doesn't the loading come down to the fact that since a blu-ray disc is bigger, the information stored on it has a larger variance. meaning different aspects of the game such as lighting or physics can be separated throughout the disc on the PS3- leading to longer load times. Loading times will continue to be worse on multiplat games I think, but PS3 does have the advantage of adding endless content to the games. (thats if they can ever convince the dev's to make the multiplat games different for each console, instead of having the 360 be the rule of thumb for what extra content is added into a game)

I do agree the load times are far worse, but with the side by side comparison (of portal in the elevator) The PS3 does look crisper, on the gun and in the background.
Also I guess a quick save option was added to the ps3 (by pressing select)

IMO, all of the reviews calling it unplayable, should really take a step back for a moment and reconsider their professionalism as journalists.

But yes, overall the 360 version has the slight edge, (as it should since the PS3 is just a port)

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

leo-j is in denial.

Quite often Sonny-fanboys are.

ultraslick said:
doesn't the loading come down to the fact that since a blu-ray disc is bigger, the information stored on it has a larger variance. meaning different aspects of the game such as lighting or physics can be separated throughout the disc on the PS3- leading to longer load times. Loading times will continue to be worse on multiplat games I think, but PS3 does have the advantage of adding endless content to the games. (thats if they can ever convince the dev's to make the multiplat games different for each console, instead of having the 360 be the rule of thumb for what extra content is added into a game)

I do agree the load times are far worse, but with the side by side comparison (of portal in the elevator) The PS3 does look crisper, on the gun and in the background.
Also I guess a quick save option was added to the ps3 (by pressing select)

IMO, all of the reviews calling it unplayable, should really take a step back for a moment and reconsider their professionalism as journalists.

But yes, overall the 360 version has the slight edge, (as it should since the PS3 is just a port)

Actually, the effect is the opposite of what you suggested.  Blu-ray discs have a higher density of data (called areal density), meaning that 9 GB of data on a Blu-ray disc is packed more closely together than 9 GB of data on a DVD.  In theory, this would mean lower seek times.

Diomedes1976 said:
The PS3 version has AA while x360 has none .It appears it has longer loading times and some frame rate drops compared to 360 version.Not a big deal,Oblivion had both problems coupled with worse texturing and way more bugs in the 360 version and 360 users didnt get so framerate-zealots about that.Most consumers dont notice so small things.

Does not the 360 offers free AA due to the 10 mb of Embeded Ram in the GPU??? (Ok, ok, next to the GPU)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:
Diomedes1976 said:
The PS3 version has AA while x360 has none .It appears it has longer loading times and some frame rate drops compared to 360 version.Not a big deal,Oblivion had both problems coupled with worse texturing and way more bugs in the 360 version and 360 users didnt get so framerate-zealots about that.Most consumers dont notice so small things.

Does not the 360 offers free AA due to the 10 mb of Embeded Ram in the GPU??? (Ok, ok, next to the GPU)

There's a reason "free" is always in quote marks when this is listed on spec sheets -- it's not really free. 

Entroper said:
FJ-Warez said:
Diomedes1976 said:

There's a reason "free" is always in quote marks when this is listed on spec sheets -- it's not really free.

I know, but  oK, ok, sorry...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."