name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Proof FTW! The orange box ps3= X360

TheBigFatJ said:
leo-j said:
@darknight

The load times are only about 1-2 secs longer than the X360 loads. Dunno why either. Atleast according to the gamevideos comparison vids.

The 360 has a faster optical drive than the PS3 (about twice as fast). Despite the lack of a standard hard drive, it can load many games faster.

Why do people keep saying this?

Around the Network

Entroper said:
Actually, the effect is the opposite of what you suggested. Blu-ray discs have a higher density of data (called areal density), meaning that 9 GB of data on a Blu-ray disc is packed more closely together than 9 GB of data on a DVD. In theory, this would mean lower seek times.

- Interesting!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Mummelmann said:
Try loading Doom 3 on a slow PC, you could impregnate your wife, raise the kid as a computer engineer and have him make you a quicker setup to save time before it's over...

Simply amazing.

fazz said:
ssj12 said:
Entroper said:
ssj12 said:

the scary part is if you look carefully the PS3 version looks better in many ways.

What ways would those be? It's pretty hard to see much of a difference at that resolution.

for quick example look at the portal gun. It has less jaggies.

Well, that's quite hard to say.

The Portal gun seems to be a bit different (the model)... but maybe that's just me and my asthygmathism.

The background of the top photo looks better and there appear to be lighting effects absent in the bottom photo.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

They both look the same to me.

Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
Entroper said:

There's a reason "free" is always in quote marks when this is listed on spec sheets -- it's not really free.

I know, but oK, ok, sorry...

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound insulting.

@Final-Fan: In that screenshot, the players are in slightly different positions, which I believe is why you see fewer specular highlights on the bottom picture.  In the movie, you can clearly see the same lighting effects on both portal guns.  They just aren't perfectly synced.