name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." /> name="wmode" value="transparent">..." />
By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Proof FTW! The orange box ps3= X360

ssj12 said:

the scary part is if you look carefully the PS3 version looks better in many ways.

What ways would those be?  It's pretty hard to see much of a difference at that resolution.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

the scary part is if you look carefully the PS3 version looks better in many ways.

Yeah it is scary... that you think so.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

that guy in the video is a crappy driver

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/25/ps3-version-of-orange-box-might-be-downright-unplayable/

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8060&Itemid=9

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

I thought the 360 looked slightly better on some textures, and the load times on the PS3 were horrible. The PS3 version is very obviously inferior.

Around the Network
Entroper said:
ssj12 said:

What ways would those be? It's pretty hard to see much of a difference at that resolution.

for quick example look at the portal gun. It has less jaggies.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

didn't leo post the youtube video to show that the way gamevideos did things was wrong? so how does he fail by you posting another video from the same site?

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Jessman said:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/11/25/ps3-version-of-orange-box-might-be-downright-unplayable/

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8060&Itemid=9

sorry but its not that bad. quite payable in everyway. I rented it jsut to see how bad it was.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Entroper said:
ssj12 said:

What ways would those be? It's pretty hard to see much of a difference at that resolution.

How can you possibly tell anything about jaggies in a 420x240 compressed video?  It's already been scaled down by a factor of at least 3, meaning it has the equivalent of 9x supersampling plus compression to fuzzy up the edges.

ssj12 said:
Entroper said:
ssj12 said:

Well, that's quite hard to say.

The Portal gun seems to be a bit different (the model)... but maybe that's just me and my asthygmathism.