By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Show a little love for Cursed Mountain.

A game made difficult by shitty controls is not a difficult game, but a bad game.

Around the Network
Raze said:

Cursed Mountain is a true "Core Gamer"'s kind of game. Its not for people who are easily frustrated, or need walkthroughs or tutorials to show how to do every little thing of the game.

Most people who ended up disliking the game are just spoiled by how easy games have become, mindless even. This game is for the OLD gamer crowd, the ones like me that beat over 300 NES games, the ones that would rather die than have to go to GameFaq and read through a walkthrough for hints.

It's a damn good game for an underground developer. The atmospheric qualities are vibrant, even for a game that's not the hottest in graphics.

Be prepared to be challenged and frustrated, but push forward and get through the game, you'll be glad you did.

Tell me you are joking.

I think this might be the easiest game I have played this generation.  I've got thirty, 30(!), healing items right now.   On top of that, the game is almost completely linear.  With very minimal exploration you can find everything in the game.  Who needs a guide for that?  All you do is follow the one empty path (slowly), fight the occasional ghost (that always announces its presence), and back track for key items when necessary.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

famousringo said:

I bought it at full price and enjoyed it. Some very fresh ideas and great atmosphere. The sound in particular was really well done.

It's not for everybody though. You've got to be patient and really let yourself feel the game.

Is the game similar to the old Resident Evil games? The 1st 3 R.E were amazing.

The controls were fine for me but as others said, it progresses way too slow. I had to play in moderations because I would just get bored and lose interest the longer I played :/

*Sound Of Rain said:
famousringo said:

I bought it at full price and enjoyed it. Some very fresh ideas and great atmosphere. The sound in particular was really well done.

It's not for everybody though. You've got to be patient and really let yourself feel the game.

I'd say the pacing is slower while the atmosphere is less brutal and more mysterious.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
famousringo said:

I'd say the pacing is slower while the atmosphere is less brutal and more mysterious.

Even slower than the 1st 3 RE's...LOL that is slow paced! 

What do you mean by less brutal but more mysterious? Also, when people say the controls suck is it like RE's 1-3 controls? I didn't mind those controls.

KylieDog said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Also, when people say the controls suck is it like RE's 1-3 controls? I didn't mind those controls.

Not responsive.

So...Motion controls don't work?

*Sound Of Rain said:
KylieDog said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Also, when people say the controls suck is it like RE's 1-3 controls? I didn't mind those controls.

Not responsive.

So...Motion controls don't work?

Like so many motion control schemes, there's a trick to them. The game doesn't do a good job of explaining the gestures. Once you figure out the trick, they work quite reliably. Don't figure out the trick and you'll be frustrated as all hell.

It's been a while since I played, but IIRC, the trick is to hold the controllers vertically and use forward pushes and downward sweeping arcs.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I liked the first 30 minutes. Never went further so far. The ghosts scared me.

Why do horror games need to be scary? Otherwise I would enjoy them a lot.

OT: I just got Silent Hill Wii and hope that is not as scary with ghosts and all.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

I don't think the controls are as bas as people are making them out to be.  As I said, I am on my second playthrough and you definitly have to adjust to them and they don't always register.  But this is not a game breaking thing in any way.  Reading all of the posts, I do realise that this game is not for everybody.  Like I said: good graphics, amazing bouddhist atmosphere, immersive music, books are short and fun to read and it is slow pace.  I do like the fact that it's slow.  But then again, I always like to take in the scenery and get "into" the game. 

Like Silent Hill.  I am a big fan of 2 because of ...well...it's Silent Hill.  I bought Shattered Memories for the Wii and really appreciated the fact that I could take my time with it, with the exceptions of the nightmare sequences.  The slower pace makes these games more enjoyable to me.  I am also playing Resident Evil 5.  I have trouble getting into this game because you are always shooting hordes of these guys.  Everything is fast paced.  Still enjoyable, but less than Silent Hill.

Cursed Mountain doesn't scare me of give me an adrenaline shot everytime I play it, but I am drawn into it.  So, for me, it is a very good game.  That's all. 

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!