By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyrsis 2 impressions.

From what I've tried, WOW. WOW in a terrible WOW way. It doesn't look even close when comparing it to the ..lets say ..Killzone 3 beta. I seriously hope the PC version is vastly superior because Crysis 1 shits all over what appears to be the Crysis 2 beta. Im baffled... no comment. (The gameplay is quite fun though! and the graphics arent really AWFUL its just.. not as I expected)

Around the Network

Sounds good so far. Hopefully it'll run smoothly on my PC at a decent res.

from what ive seen it has great guns, good gun physics, big varied maps, and nano suit powers.

with all the games coming out im not even debating weather i should get it or not, but damn the guns look great.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

I am downloading the beta now.  I will give my impressions most likely after work tonight or tomorrow.

Myself and Crysis 2 are not off to a good start.  Tried to play twice, had game freeze twice during map load after a long wait for match selection.

Switching my attention to Bulletstorm for a bit and will try again later.

Quick prediction - the Killzone 2 style menus will be the source of much bickering in the forums.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

So, not to flame or anything, but how does the graphics compare to killzone 2? Crytek said it was going to be better than killzone 2 in terms of graphics, after all.

kowenicki said:
Aldro said:

From what I've tried, WOW. WOW in a terrible WOW way. It doesn't look even close when comparing it to the ..lets say ..Killzone 3 beta. I seriously hope the PC version is vastly superior because Crysis 1 shits all over what appears to be the Crysis 2 beta. Im baffled... no comment. (The gameplay is quite fun though! and the graphics arent really AWFUL its just.. not as I expected)

opinions... opinions.

Touché :p

CGI-Quality said:
mantlepiecek said:

So, not to flame or anything, but how does the graphics compare to killzone 2? Crytek said it was going to be better than killzone 2 in terms of graphics, after all.

Actually quite comparable, but exceeding KZ2 in colors. It's still behind what's been shown of KZ3 (though in fairness, it's just the multiplayer part of it), but it's not too bad.

Agree with CGI although the KZ3 beta was "just the MP" part of ..Killzone 3 and well, I found Killzone 3 to be far ahead on that front imho. Unless the SP is crazy better, I doubt it'll top KZ3's MP let alone the SP.. ON CONSOLES :>. Still amazing graphics for a multiplatform game though.

kowenicki said:
Reasonable said:

Myself and Crysis 2 are not off to a good start.  Tried to play twice, had game freeze twice during map load after a long wait for match selection.

Switching my attention to Bulletstorm for a bit and will try again later.

Quick prediction - the Killzone 2 style menus will be the source of much bickering in the forums.

Thats weird... I was straight in almost instantly both times.  We are both UK too... ?

First time I've had anything freeze like that on my 360 or take a while to start a match.  It freezes at the exact same moment during map load I've noticed, so I'm thinking the install may be slightly corrupt.  Is there anyway to check the integrity of the file in the same way as Steam do you know?  Maybe I should delete and re-install?  I'm going more by PC experience here but when something freezes every time at the exact same moment I tend to suspect we're talking an issue with the content and not the connection, etc.

Was really looking forward to having a peek at it too!  Now I'll have to wait for the thing to download again.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I want to be the first to say: screw you all for being able to play before me! 

I won't be able to get home and turn this (and Bulletstorm 2 demo!) on for anout 5 hours or so.

That is all, thank you.