By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's next move in the fight against piracy, we all knew it'd come to this

Got to remember that this is still just a rumor. So take it with a grain of salt until it's verified.

Around the Network

Don't like this.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.

A limited use code = the end of used games sales for ps3 games
Which would lead to gamestop promoting the 360 over ps3, it'd stop some piracy but it could really hurt the PS3 and Sony in the long term

Galaki said:

Well played Sony. An excuse to kill of used games market.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I don't get this

Do you spend a code when you insert your game on a PS3? and every time you insert the game into another PS3 you spend another code? Does that mean if you go through 5 PS3s, your game won't work anymore and you have to buy a new one? :S

Or is it only tied with a PSN account? and you spend a code for each PSN account you tie your game with?

If it's the first one then it sucks and pirating would be better than buying a legit copy

If it's the second one then I don't know what to think... and what are people who don't have access to the internet going to do if they can't tie their codes with a PSN account?

And what am I going to do since there's no PlayStation store in Argentina? do I have to use my "fake" US account to enter PS Store and tie my games with that account? does that mean I'll have to start using that fake account now and re-get all my trophies?

I don't know... this sounds like crap xD

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Where are the piracy defenders saying it won't cause anything bad now?

this is just perfect. Hopefully this won't happen any time soon, but if it does bye bye ps3, off to ebay. Already need to deal with this shit with my PC because I don't pirate, and if my ps3 games become worthless once i buy them as well... But alas no official confirmation so till then I'll be enjoying some of the exclusives coming out in 2011.

Jdevil3 said:

every time you insert the game into another PS3 you spend another code? Does that mean if you go through 5 PS3s, your game won't work anymore and you have to buy a new one? :S

That's what it sounds like.

stopstopp said:

Where are the piracy defenders saying it won't cause anything bad now?

It's still Sony doing this and we all know how much they love shafting the consumer (rootkits anyone).  You're shouting at the wrong people.

This would piss me off.