By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you pre-ordered the 3DS?

Have you pre-ordered the 3DS?

Yes - blue 36 23.08%

Yes - black 39 25.00%

Yes - both 11 7.05%

No - price too much 23 14.74%

No - waiting on psp2 info 16 10.26%

No - just no. 31 19.87%

Total:156

Okay going to sell my PSP... Hopefully that takes off a big chunk of the price off! >_<

Around the Network
Chibi.V.29 said:

And the 3DS is basically a 3d ds with a few other things stuck in ^^

According to your definition a PS3 is just a PS2 with better graphics.

XBox 360 is just an XBox with better graphics.

The Wii ist just a waggle-added Gamecube with a few other things (Wiiware, etc) stuck in.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

No,  not because of the price but because of the games.   The only game I am interested in is Dead Or alive but I am not going to buy a 3DS for DOA that would be a bit crazy, sadly I also never enjoyed a fighting game on a handheld before..and I did not touch my handhelds this gen much aswell..

kitler53 said:
superchunk said:
kitler53 said:

not planning on buying one -- i'm apparently an apple fanboy on the handheld front.  i'm still piqued a bit by the psp2 but if it turns out to not double as a smartphone (phone, internet, gps, email, music, pictures, movies, texting, apps, ect.) i'll be upgrading to the next iphone as my next handheld.

i know you're trying to talk up all of the features, superchunck, but compared to iphone/android the 3DS is missing a lot of the key features i consider critical in a mobile device.

That is why I have a Android phone.

One device for mobile computing, communication, and occasional casual games. (granted with emulators I can play tons of old school games, but controls suck, unless I use my android to sync to a wiimote)

One device for pure gaming with added media and online support.

Personally, I will only use my phone. The game machine is 1/2 the price of a smart phone and requires no contracts or monthly fees, making it perfect for my 7 and 8 year olds. (or anyone who really wants games as the games on the portable consoles are just better overall than the phones)

okay first off -- the 3DS is $250 while an ipod touch starts at $230 and an iphone starts at $50.

but anyhoo -- here's my personal problem with your logic.  I only have two pockets.  one holds my car keys, one holds my phone.  i just don't have room for another device.  maybe a 3DS is a better choice for a 7 to 8 year old but the market is a lot bigger than just children.  more importantly -- i'm not a child even if i act like it sometimes.

and lastly -- i'm not trying to doom the 3DS or psp2 in any way.  people just seem to have no respect for apple/google in the realm of being a competitor in the games market.  and for some reason that annoys me to the point i feel like defending it.

I can reasonably understand buying a smartphone vs a handheld for an adult who would have the smartphone anyways, but don't try to polish that rusted bucket of logic you got going there.

1. Why the hell buy a $230 iPod touch when for $20 more you can get all the same media capabilities AND far superior gaming setup? Plus 3D capabilities to boot. That would be a simply stupid choice and a waste of money.

2. iOS or Androids gaming lineups are not different than what PCs have offered in flash or applet based games for decades. However, its not what a very large number of gamers want to play and the consoles have not died off even though PCs have them outnumbered 1000:1 with these casual gaming experiences.

As I said, I won't carry a portable gaming machine either. I'll stick to my phone and the occasional casual game it provides for the times I want/need to play. For me, my home consoles and PC are enough to provide me the deep gaming experience.

However, for my kids or average teen or people who spend a lot of time traveling or retirees or anyone who wants a better controlled and deeper gaming experience over the same flash games they've been playing on Facebook, they'll want a 3DS/PSP2.

But, you CANNOT put iOS or Android or any other phone in the same category of mobile gaming as a stand alone machine. Its just not the same. Two completely different expereinces and target consumers. May contain some overlap, but that is 10-15% at most and the rest is far different.

Also, who the F is going to buy the $50 two year old iPhone? Are you fucking serious? If someone is buying an iPhone they're getting the latest and greatest with a contract. Same with Android, however, mine with a contract was free because I don't need to suck Job's penis and prefer the best value when all else is equal.

manuel said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

The Wii ist just a waggle-added Gamecube with a few other things (Wiiware, etc) stuck in.

yea, i don't like hearing stuff like that. Most other systems are basically the previous one with a few other things stuck in. The 3DS is pretty big jump up from the DS, imo.

Around the Network
manuel said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Yep that's pretty much my view on all 3 of them lol ^^ They are all as far as im concerned graphics upgrades (well 2 of them are...) and extra stuff like a proper online service etc added. Im not much of a fan of any motion control (including kinect and move) so the wii is just a game cube to me :/ though it has some very good jrpg's ^^

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Aiddon said:
Mad55 said:

how much do you have to pay on the pre-order on amazon.

nothing, they only charge your account when your order ships

oh wow good news thanks.

Mad55 said:
Aiddon said:
Mad55 said:

oh wow good news thanks.

Which is why I only use them to preorder.

superchunk said:
Mad55 said:
Aiddon said:
Mad55 said:

oh wow good news thanks.

Which is why I only use them to preorder.

yea ill prob start using them more cause right know my accounts pretty empty. I just preordered as well.

Preorderd mine yesterday evening^^ - The black one. Owned every nintendo Konsole since N64 on launch Day, to be honest i never bought a NDS. So buying a 3DS is a save bet for me, even without a steller lineup of 3DS-Games on launchday. Do yourself a favour an get one too^^.