By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Have you pre-ordered the 3DS?

Have you pre-ordered the 3DS?

Yes - blue 36 23.08%

Yes - black 39 25.00%

Yes - both 11 7.05%

No - price too much 23 14.74%

No - waiting on psp2 info 16 10.26%

No - just no. 31 19.87%

Total:156

Not at the moment b/c of the price. My b-day is tomorrow, maybe I can get some money from my family and I'll probably pre order it later.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
radiantshadow92 said:

Nah, isn't worth the price.

So, 3D movies, 3D games, 3D picture taking, pedometer, 30plus games within first 90 days, far better online, full browser, full media capabilities, 2GB SD card (can take up to 32), portable console VC, fully backwards compatible to DS lines, great graphical capabilities, universal online code similar to xbl and psn, and all this without actually going into the specific games isn't worth the $250?

But, you probably paid for less benefit for your far more expensive home console.....

I dislike 3D

None of the launch games interest me. Or any DS games. Or rather, not enough that would make me want to buy the handheld.

My Iphone does the rest of what you mentioned.

-Its about the games man, they just don't interest me enough. If i were going for the features then yes it worth, but i am not. So it is not worth the price at the moment. I don't see why you have to be so touchy and go off topic to compare it to my home console.

Already pre-ordered the Cosmo Black version

I preordered mine off HMV for £229 (£366), price is more than I expected, but the £ has been rather weak as of late

radiantshadow92 said:
superchunk said:
radiantshadow92 said:

So, 3D movies, 3D games, 3D picture taking, pedometer, 30plus games within first 90 days, far better online, full browser, full media capabilities, 2GB SD card (can take up to 32), portable console VC, fully backwards compatible to DS lines, great graphical capabilities, universal online code similar to xbl and psn, and all this without actually going into the specific games isn't worth the $250?

But, you probably paid for less benefit for your far more expensive home console.....

I dislike 3D

None of the launch games interest me. Or any DS games. Or rather, not enough that would make me want to buy the handheld.

-Its about the games man, they just don't interest me enough. If i were going for the features then yes it worth, but i am not. So it is not worth the price at the moment. I don't see why you have to be so touchy and go off topic to compare it to my home console.

Who's being touchy? You said it wasn't worth the price, I demonstrate that it definitely is worth the price. If the games don't interest you, then that's what you should have said because at any price you should not buy a game console where the games don't interest you.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
radiantshadow92 said:
superchunk said:
radiantshadow92 said:

I dislike 3D

Who's being touchy? You said it wasn't worth the price, I demonstrate that it definitely is worth the price. If the games don't interest you, then that's what you should have said because at any price you should not buy a game console where the games don't interest you.

I said you are being touchy because of this "But, you probably paid for less benefit for your far more expensive home console.....". That was just off-topic, listing the features would have been enough. You could have just asked "why is it not worth the price?" I would have answered the same way i did already. Sheesh.

Nintendo is not selling it at a loss, so, no sale.

Pre-ordered a second one on Amazon UK.

Got a kind of stupid question to ask:  Now that I have preordered a 3DS, am I guarenteed to get it on release day?  Usually I am, it's just with the Wii, Comet (where I preordered my Wii) entered all pre-orders into a lottery to decide who was getting one on release day.  Fortunately I did, but I would quite like to know my chances of getting a 3DS.

MrT-Tar said:

Got a kind of stupid question to ask:  Now that I have preordered a 3DS, am I guarenteed to get it on release day?  Usually I am, it's just with the Wii, Comet (where I preordered my Wii) entered all pre-orders into a lottery to decide who was getting one on release day.  Fortunately I did, but I would quite like to know my chances of getting a 3DS.

Pretty sure Amazon only allows pre-orders for what they are going to get from the company.

superchunk said:
MrT-Tar said:

Prettys sure Amazon only allows pre-orders for what they are going to get from the company.

Thanks.  That's good to here