By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit 2 delayed

Gojimaster said:

Probably smart.... let Goldeneye and Wii Black Ops die a little bit more.

Most Wii fans are not hungry for an FPS just yet. 

I was thinking the exact same thing

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network
famousringo said:

It's all part of Sega's plan to make Conduit look like a killer IP by delaying it again and again.

that was my reaction... they are just pretending to have big game problems :p

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I hope the 3DS doesn't hurt sales for this game too much... If it really is a large improvement over the first one I hope it sells at least as well. Here's hoping for at least half a million within the first year!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I'm kinda happy Sega is delaying it. I'm still playing GoldenEye and I want to keep leveling up. I can wait for Conduit 2 in March.

I wonder if High Voltage is good at hyping delays.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Well if there are some kinks at least that shows that they are putting some money into this title to make it work right! Most Wii games companies get to the kinks part and just push it out anyways. But the other reason is good as well, you want there to be nothing standing in its way. Another big game could crush it right now. Plus as it is black op wii is struggling to get to where it would like to be, which is better sales than the last one. If the first Conduit got an average lets say (i did not look at the actual conduit page on vgchartz) 8.2 review, what do you think the sales would be if they actually made a stellar 9.2-9.6 game? Because to be honest folks this is kind of the test! The last to FPS were pretty much shoe-ins to sell good. The conduit 2 will tell us if the Wii really has turned a corner finally with core gamers and FPS in general. I would say 700 thousand in 3 months would be a step in the right direction for the Wii, but they need to keep it up. The other companies are starting to catch up even more than last year, so the Wii needs to keep the fire going on their re-ignited Matureish market. Im American I can make up words!

I really enjoyed the first Conduit game and I wish it had sold better, but I don't think this will come close to 700,000 in 3 months.  That's more likely a lifetime sales number imo.  Goldeneye is a great game and a known brand and it's still under the 1 million mark 10 weeks in.  Conduit 2 has an uphill battle, but I'll be supporting it day 1.

"Some of you are thinking that you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that, until they're out there."
--
PIKMIN FAN CLUB MEMBER

Now that 3DS is coming around the same time I dont think it will help Conduit 2. Thats much worse than releasing with Mvs.C2 and I forgoe Deus ex is out that month. I really wanna support you Conduit but really there is much better looking stuff coming out around the same time. I think they should put this back in May. IMHO nothing is coming out and there is no competition, and maybe people will be tired of BO & GE

oniyide said:

Now that 3DS is coming around the same time I dont think it will help Conduit 2. Thats much worse than releasing with Mvs.C2 and I forgoe Deus ex is out that month. I really wanna support you Conduit but really there is much better looking stuff coming out around the same time. I think they should put this back in May. IMHO nothing is coming out and there is no competition, and maybe people will be tired of BO & GE

I also am in favor of them pushing it back even further... I really don't want to see this game bomb due to market conditions if it is indeed of good quality.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

famousringo said:

It's all part of Sega's plan to make Conduit look like a killer IP by delaying it again and again.

This is it. It all makes sense now.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash