By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Last Story gets a 10/10/9/9 in Famitsu

I don't really trust Famitsu scores anymore. Too many high scores in the past few years. Any excerpts from the review?

Around the Network
kanjitech18 said:

I don't really trust Famitsu scores anymore. Too many high scores in the past few years. Any excerpts from the review?

Loosely translated version of one reviewer's final thoughts:

"The graphics are impressive, and the battle system is a fresh take for the genre.  Overall, it was a great experience, and Iwata-san's donation to our magazine was fairly generous.  However, Nintendo was not quite as generous as other companies like Capcom, so I must deduct a point from the game's final score.  Papa needs him a new yacht!"

Great Score. This should really help sales now.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

very good score.

Wagram said:
Boutros said:
Wagram said:
iasta said:
Teo said:

So its worse than FFXIII? lolz

Yes, worst than the 39/40 for FF XIII on famitsu, the railway RPG with no town. That's depressing.

I love my rail way RPGs with no towns!

Same here!

Hope they keep it that way in FFXIII-2!!

Your sig is in need of a fixing!

Yup I'll update it soon.

FFXIII-2!!

So happy ^.^

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
kanjitech18 said:

Loosely translated version of one reviewer's final thoughts:

"The graphics are impressive, and the battle system is a fresh take for the genre.  Overall, it was a great experience, and Iwata-san's donation to our magazine was fairly generous.  However, Nintendo was not quite as generous as other companies like Capcom, so I must deduct a point from the game's final score.  Papa needs him a new yacht!"

I hope that's just a joke.

Anyway, I can't really trust Famitsu's review scores ever since the Peace Walker fiasco. Nintendo doesn't bribe them unlike what SOME companies have been rumored to do, but I believe Famitsu COULD have just used kid's gloves considering the hype behind this game

Wagram said:
iasta said:
Teo said:

So its worse than FFXIII? lolz

Yes, worst than the 39/40 for FF XIII on famitsu, the railway RPG with no town. That's depressing.

I love my rail way RPGs with no towns!

Good you enjoy it.

To be honest i was unfair with that comment because i never play it, and base this loosy comment on all the bashing that game gets on this forum. Seems XIII gets a lot of love/hate but not so much in the middle (problem of the highly hype game). Just with all the back stabs XIII got, i was a little unconfident about the mark TLS got.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

Good score, hope it helps sales

Nice score, I'm looking forward to getting it next week!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Nice score, I'm really interested to see how well this game sales when it releases next week.