By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Activision may close PlayStation Network Black Ops servers

VG247

In response to ongoing connection issues and vocal customer criticism, a spokesperson for Activision has told an angry PlayStation 3 owner that the publisher may shut down Call of Duty: Black Ops’ PlayStation Network servers.

Senior support representative Dov Carson replied to blogger Jason Koblovsky’s complaints by advising that Activision are prepared to close the PSN servers.

“The publishers have the right to shut down the servers for their game at any time as well which based on the number of reported posts from users may be a viable solution over the free PSN,” he wrote.

Carson suggested to Koblovsky that the latter return his Black Ops disc to Activision, offering a “one time courtesy” exchange for another title, another platform’s version of Black Ops, or an unopened disc to return to a retailer.

Sister studio Infinity Ward also seems to be giving up on Sony’s network, laying the blame for Modern Warfare 2’s security issues at the platform holder’s door.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/19/activision-may-close-playstation-network-black-ops-servers/

Around the Network

That would make a lot of people, REALLY angry.

LMAO. great job activision, destroy your next COD sells in your 2nd best selling platform, keep doing this to yourself, you're making me happy.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

They would piss on the face of nearly 9 million users? I love Activision!!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

:O wow this hacking thing is reallllly bad for sonys image.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Go for it! Such stupidity = More possible buyers for KZ3 :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

AussieGecko said:

:O wow this hacking thing is reallllly bad for sonys image.

huh? How is this news bad for 'sonys' image? :S you're confusing me here

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:

Go for it! Such stupidity = More possible buyers for KZ3 :P

Omg imagine if all 9 million people went over to KZ3...I would be so happy! Do it activision!

It would be insanely stupid for them to do that. Millions of players would never buy another Activision or Call of Duty game. I highly doubt they would shut them down. I barely broke down and bought Black Ops on sale.

would be hilarious, and for greater good aswell