By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Activision may close PlayStation Network Black Ops servers

I actually want them to do it a little bit, better for the exclusives and death to COD. But then again, it's a lose lose for everyone.

Around the Network

Who ever wrote this article should be embarrassed. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Griffin said:

"In response to ongoing connection issues"  How does this make any sense, so because Activision can't program for online they are going to shut it down?

MW2 ran much smoother online for ps3 than 360, why not shut down the 360 online?

thats because PS3 had better matchmaking for months than xbox 

but again this has nothing to do with online games. But stats and getting into online games (need players to join an server so it can assign host and players run off his ps3 and internet connection has an server 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

M.U.G.E.N said:

Go for it! Such stupidity = More possible buyers for KZ3 :P

Or homefront :)

I thought you were better than EA...guess not. 

Around the Network
pacman91 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

this would be the better of the two, exclusives help no-one hence why activision would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did this

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

i hope they do

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

lol @ blaming Sony for hackers and network issues. How come Bad Company 2's dedicated servers are working just fine Activision?

As much as I don't enjoy Battlefield I wouldn't mind seeing it crush CoD.

And not because of this whole fiasco, but because I'm sick of the Cod series, Black Ops is the last CoD game I'll buy day 1. If say a couple months after release people still say Modern Warfare 3 is good I'll maybe buy it.

AussieGecko said:
pacman91 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

this would be the better of the two, exclusives help no-one hence why activision would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did this

It helps the console maker.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

raptors11 said:

lol @ blaming Sony for hackers and network issues. How come Bad Company 2's dedicated servers are working just fine Activision?

As much as I don't enjoy Battlefield I wouldn't mind seeing it crush CoD.

And not because of this whole fiasco, but because I'm sick of the Cod series, Black Ops is the last CoD game I'll buy day 1. If say a couple months after release people still say Modern Warfare 3 is good I'll maybe buy it.

battlefeild bad company 2: Dedicated servers 

Call of duty black ops: Peer to peer (no dedicated servers) But dedicated Servers for stat collection and running the peer to peer 

problem is that cod servers at running there peer to peer suck and lag like crazy 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong