By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: 3DS will outsell PSP2 as Kinect outsold Move

silicon said:

It's funny that a lot of people say he's either wrong or just stating the obvious.

lol.

Around the Network

He is probably right, many people here either outright or quietly think that the 3DS will wipe the floor with the PSP2. We'll know a bit more in a week anyway.

Tease.

Oh my god you predicted that Nintendos handheld would outsell the competion since that surely hasn't happened before... Anyway thats not what this is about, its about will PSP2 have bigger market than PSP1? We can't cast predictions yet, since we know jack shit about it, except that it is coming.

Patchers statement aboout 3ds outselling psp2 is most likley true....

However, this guy has been wrong about so many things.. What does he even do for a living.. hes a failure..

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I could've predicted that...geez

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

The thing is, he's not saying that the 3DS is going to outsell the PSP2 - he's saying that it will outsell it by 5-1. That's a pretty huge prediction, and I'm not sure that the 3DS will be able to pull it off tbh. 5-1 is a huge difference.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

thx1139 said:

I just have the feeling that neither of them are going to set the world on fire.  I cant help think that in NA with the 3DS selling for $250 parents arent going to fork over the cash.  I for one will not be getting a 3DS for my kids.  $750 for 3 boys for something the use to pass the time when we travel isnt worth it. Kids have other devices (phones, iPods, iPads, Zunes, etc.) that are multipurpose that they can play games on.

Yea. but in Japan handheld gaming is bigger then home console gaming. The 3DS could sell boatloads there, but then again, so will PSP2.

Still, price drops, remember the PS3 started at $600 and now look how well it's doing. Nintendo will have to make price drops on the 3DS.

Even then, expensive systems work now, more then they ever did before. Gameboy Colour was only $130 new (I believe), and I recall the GBA brand new costing only $150. DS initially costed $200, but went down to $130, and it was the most successful handheld ever. The jump from $200 to $250 isn't much, and when you take into consideration that it plays games in 3D without glasses, thats a bargan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

jhuff394 said:

Patchers statement aboout 3ds outselling psp2 is most likley true....

However, this guy has been wrong about so many things.. What does he even do for a living.. hes a failure..

He makes predictions for market shares for various companies, and he is fairly accurate with them. Predictions like the Wii HD may have ended up to be false, but generally he is good at prediction how well a console will sell, or a game, or peripheral. Remember he did say Kinect was going to be bigger then most people gave it credit for, and it really really was.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

radishhead said:

The thing is, he's not saying that the 3DS is going to outsell the PSP2 - he's saying that it will outsell it by 5-1. That's a pretty huge prediction, and I'm not sure that the 3DS will be able to pull it off tbh. 5-1 is a huge difference.

Kinect Adventures - 7.5 million

Sports Champions - 2 million

That's 3.75 to 1, not 5 to 1, and when you take into account that not all Move owners have Sports Champions it's more like 3.5 to 1.

Everyone and their mom knows that 3DS will handily outsell PSP2. Pachter isn't predicting anything earth shattering.