By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Million Sellers Club of 2011

Smeags you might have a new million seller on your hands soon! Capcom just said SSFIV 3D Edition just shipped 1 million units!

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) is pleased to announce that "Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition" for the Nintendo 3DS has shipped one million units worldwide.

"Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition" adds a visceral 3D depth effect and perspective, a fully featured online matchmaking system, the ability to play against other Nintendo 3DS owners with only one Game Card, and more new content for a refreshing, complete experience. Players can also utilize the system's Touch Screen to control their character, providing beginner players with a simple control scheme to enjoy the action. These features, possible only on the Nintendo 3DS system, have received high praise from users and have successfully expanded the audience for our fighting games. In capturing both new fans and longtime fans of the series, we were able to reach the one million unit mark for this title.

"Street Fighter" was first released in the arcades in 1987. This was followed up in 1991 with the smash hit "Street Fighter II", and as of April 12 2011, the series as a whole has shipped over 31 million units on home consoles worldwide. The innovative battle system found in the "Street Fighter" games helped to establish the fighting game genre.

Currently, Capcom has announced that several titles are in development for the Nintendo 3DS, including "Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D", "Resident Evil Revelations" and "Mega Man Legends 3".

As always, we at Capcom will continue to pursue our "Single content multiple usage" strategy by making advancements on new hardware to maximize sales while leveraging our brands to bring maximum satisfaction to as many of our users as possible.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Ridge Race 7 & Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas was also adjusted for the ps3.

PSN ID: getrdone25

Week Thirteen (Week of What is this... I don't even...)

Overall

• Massive Adjustments in the EMEAA section has bumped up numerous games past the million mark!

• Million Sellers:
    • Medal of Honor: Airborne
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Path to Platinum:
    • NA

3DS

• Million Sellers:
    • NA
  • Path to Platinum:
    • NA

DS

• Million Sellers:
    • Sonic Rush Adventure
  • Path to Platinum:
    • NA

Wii

• Million Sellers:
    • Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2
    • EA Playground
    • RockStar Games Presents: Table Tennis
    • Winter Sports: The Ultimate Challenge
    • Need for Speed: Carbon
    • The Sims 2: Castaway
    • PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
  • Path to Platinum:
    • WipeOut: The Game added!

PS3

• Million Sellers
    • Fight Night Round 3
    • Rock Band
    • Call of Duty 3
    • Ridge Racer 7
    • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas
    • Medal of Honor: Airborne
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • F1 2010
  • Path to Platinum:
    • Yakuza 3 added!
    • Dead Rising 2 added!

PSP

• Million Sellers:
    • I have no idea which titles were adjusted up. If you know which titles were adjusted, please tell!
  • Path to Platinum:
    • NA

Adjustments?! Awesome!

It'd be swell if ioi could come here and list for us which games were adjusted.

on the PS3 side at least Ninja Gaiden Sigma seems to have received it's EMEAA numbers and is listed as a million seller now (I wonder if will ever get Hot Shots Golf 5 EMEAA numbers - that should be very close or above the million as well)

I'm not sure about the other consoles (I'm not checking those regularly), but I'm surprised to see Wii is leading now with 115million sellers to 360's 114 and PS3's 99. Afaik just some weeks ago 360 still had quite a good lead.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure the 360 will surpass the Wii with the number of million sellers in a couple of weeks.  The recent adjustments where harsh for the 360 it lost like 10 titles that where over a million.

Keep up the good work on the thread!! I can't wait to see the totals at the end of the year

Ninja gaiden sigma is now a million seller with others numbers added.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Buh?!

ioi is playing pranks on me I swear. -_-

This is so odd. I'm certain there'll be even more adjustments next week... but work I must!

NGS passed a million when NG2 haven't?WTF