By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN gave Mass Effect 2 a 9.6 on 360 and a 9.5 on the PS3...why?

Which reminds me, I really hate the way the IGN site is made. I can't scroll with my keyboard.

Anyway, at first I was thinking a bit but then I read a few posts and it all makes perfect sense now. Not that it didn't make any sense even before but now it makes even more sense.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

I thought IGN was done doing reviews?

I often wish this was the case

indodude said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

I thought IGN was done doing reviews?

Where did you get that idea from?

Wishful thinking perhaps?

Because the game is a year old, so that's .1 off the score or Microsoft gave IGN $1,000,000 for a -.1 on the PS3.

ethomaz said:

Forget the score for IGN... read just the review.

First line: "Celebrate, PS3 owners. The best version of Mass Effect 2 is all yours."

I think it is the worse version, after watching the Interactive Comic. (since it was the little things that make Mass Effect 2 above and beyond, and it was those little things from Mass Effect 1). 

Honestly speaking ps3 owners who have a kickass PC should pick this up with Mass Effect 1. 

Also Adding: Funny thing is, I most likely will buy the ps3 version when it is cheaper. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

First line: "Celebrate, PS3 owners. The best version of Mass Effect 2 is all yours."

I think it is the worse version, after watching the Interactive Comic. (since it was the little things that make Mass Effect 2 above and beyond, and it was those little things from Mass Effect 1).

Honestly speaking ps3 owners who have a kickass PC should pick this up with Mass Effect 1.

Also Adding: Funny thing is, I most likely will buy the ps3 version when it is cheaper.

What Mass Effect 1 has to do with Mass Effect better or not? Mass Effect 2 later port is better on PS3... the best version.

If you, me and others want... play the Mass Effect 1 on PC or 360... but that don't make the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 worst.

Before GoW I & II came to PS3... the GoW III was worst because PS3 didn't have the two first chapters?

ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

What Mass Effect 1 has to do with Mass Effect better or not? Mass Effect 2 later port is better on PS3... the best version.

If you, me and others want... play the Mass Effect 1 on PC or 360... but that don't make the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 worst.

Mass Effect 1 events (mostly in the forms of side missions) effect Mass Effect 2 in small ways, but it still adds to the overall game, and make it much better. 

Acevil said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
ethomaz said:

Mass Effect 1 events (mostly in the forms of side missions) effect Mass Effect 2 in small ways, but it still adds to the overall game, and make it much better.

No. It just a plus and don't make the game best or worst after all... most people I talk said they played without using the first save game.

Because it has all the DLC for free ?

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

ethomaz said:
Acevil said:

No. It just a plus and don't make the game best or worst after all... most people I talk said they played without using the first save game.

The ability to play the trilogy from begining to end either on the PC or 360 is superior to only being able to play 2 of the 3 games on the PS3...

You aren't really trying to argue otherwise...are you?